Project Aubade
Welcome to Project Aubade! Drop by this topic if you are thinking about joining! Thank you!

http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/t62-welcome-to-project-aubade-this-is-what-you-need-to-know
Project Aubade
Welcome to Project Aubade! Drop by this topic if you are thinking about joining! Thank you!

http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/t62-welcome-to-project-aubade-this-is-what-you-need-to-know
Project Aubade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep within a lab in Iceland, a new virtual reality project has been launched. The participants, however, were kidnapped. Welcome to the world of Project Aubade.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admin
Jay

Bits : 2555

Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls] Empty
PostSubject: Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls]   Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls] Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 9:48 pm

He rubbed his head and spit on the ground.

The man behind the counter looked up at him with a smiling face. He was aged, his face anointed with ash and years of sunburn, like the leather of a horse whip. When the taller man stepped up, the shopkeep was beaming. It was almost like he was standing there and smiling all da, confined to his little bubble, never moving more than a muscle in his face. His eyes were yellow, like two golden goose eggs.

"What can I get you, sir?"

The taller man, the younger man, scratch his head, moving his finger along his long brown hair. His throat itched for a smoke, but he made due with searching for his badge. When it came up empty, he cursed. He was missing a lot of stuff since he'd woken up in that town, under the clear skies. Perhaps he was jumped, or kidnapped? He... he really didn't remember.

"I'm Officer Ellison Alvey with the Phoenix Municipal Police Department, can you tell me where I am?"

"The great city of Roslare, Mister Officer Ellison Alvey with the Phoenix Municipal Police Department." The man seemed overjoyed, and on a raspy voice, repeated, "What can I get you sir?"

Ellison cursed. Fuck, it looked like he wasn't even in America. What sort of bumfuck place was he dropped in?

"Nothing, thank you, sir."

The man continued forward, past the crowds of people. Everyone was wearing such strange clothing, like Amish country in Pennsylvania. Ellison escaped the flurry of people, leaning against the wall. Gah, his head was throbbing.

He just needed a fucking cigarette.

After a few moments, the man grabbed the first person to walk by's shoulder, stopping them gingerly.

"Excuse me, I'm Officer Ellison Alvey of the Phoenix Municipal Police Department." The words burned on his dry tongue. "Could you tell me how to get to the nearest airport...?"
Back to top Go down
https://projectaubade.rpg-board.net
Splotch

Splotch

Bits : 2676

PostSubject: Re: Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls]   Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls] Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 10:29 pm

He wasn't going to lie. It was pretty there.

He wasn't going to lie. Being stuck in this world fucking sucked.

Hell, all Beecher knew to do was go on quests. And he sure as hell didn't feel like it at the moment. The player was too caught up on the fact that he was in a videogame rather than advancing through it. His UI was enough to convince him that it wasn't reality, as it was unlikely that a UI would appear when he swiped his hand a certain way in real life.

He wasn't going to lie. All he wanted was to go back to the musty storage rooms of the archives. It seemed much more comfortable then shuffling after a group of NPCs, looking for something to do and pass the time other than a quest. He was in no hurry for that.

Freezing with a ginger hand on his shoulder, the dark haired player looked at the man though his bangs, darker eyes watching him with little emotion. "I'd wager we are in a videogame, officer." He turned to face the man and swiped his hand in the air--UI appearing. "Surprise." Came a sarcastic tone, closing out of the UI soon after.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls]   Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls] Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 11:43 am

A videogame. Ellison snorted. Whatever drug this guy was on, he was sure it would book him some jailtime. "Listen, buddy, I need to return home to my girlfriend, I--" He paused. A screen of glass appeared in front of the boy. He stared at it for a while, oggling at it from different angles. It was thinner than glass, than anything he had ever seen. The screen didn't flicker, didn't waver. It had a transparency, but a glow to it. Ellison didn't say anything about it for a while. He rubbed his hair, the bun.

"Nice bit of technology you've got there," he said. "A bit impractical. I didn't know they were making screens that thin now, I guess I'm getting old."
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls]   Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls] Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 10:01 pm

Beecher glanced up at the officer with a critical eye. Denial was a normal response to the situation, after all he had also given the same reaction when first appearing in the game. Lips upturning into a bemused smile, his red gloves slipped into the pockets of his cloak. "I don't think you are that much older than me. I'm offended." Beecher responded simply, smile dropping as he looked earnestly at the other player. "You try opening your User Interface." The dark cloaked player took a gloved hand and made a mock movement for Ellison to copy. If this didn't convince him, Beecher had half the mind to take him into Dead Man's hill or even the forest to convince him. This may not be an easy task.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls]   Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls] Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 12:07 pm

A swipe of the finger. Ellison watched him with a cocked brow, a hand in his pocket, looking around at the other people in the square. Did they see this crazy kid? The man looked up to the sky and back down, wiping sweat from his forehead, raising his hand. He paused for a moment, his finger dangling before him, and in an instant, put it back down. He passed the boy, patting him on the shoulder. "Have a good day--I'll find someone else," he stated, walking past, down the street.
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls]   Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Brows knit together, and the player took up step behind Ellison with red gloves stuffed in his pockets. Beecher looked into the distance, judging the direction out of town and into Deadman's hill or hell, even the forest might work. Beecher pursed his lips looking over the newer player with a critical eye. Maybe he would have to humor the guy if he was so hell bent on to trusting a word that came out of his mouth. "You can't see very well inside the town, you might get your bearings is you stepped outside of it." It was a fair idea and hoped that they'd come across some kind of proof that Ellison would accept their predicament.

Though, to be fair--Beecher figured that he'd think that he was on drugs. 'I thought the same thing at first.'
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls]   Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 8:30 pm

That kid was still following him--wonderful. The man conjured up his police instincts, the patience he had to deploy more and more. It was artificial, increasingly plastic with each month he was on the force. People didn't want to do other people any good. This is something he knew long before becoming a police officer, but the lengths of which seemed to irritate him more and more each day, like a bad rash that continued to grow.

He turned again, bringing his hand to his bun. The back of his neck was sweaty, heightening his sour mood. "What?" The man pressed his hand to his colon, his greased bangs. "Kid, if you're trying to lure me out to jump me, I've got nothing,
all right? I don't even know where I am. I'd give you money just to leave me alone."
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls]   Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 11:24 pm

With a long sigh, the teen ran a gloved hand through his hair. "I don't want your money. I wanted to take you outside the town to show you the creatures and parts of this world that are not of reality. Essentially, I wanted to prove to you that you are not in the conscious world. Or...something along those lines." The player's jaw set and he turned his head to stare down the officer. Words lingered in the air, seemingly untouched with no elaboration that was soon to follow. "I don't imagine you think this is all coincidental, randomly showing up in a place like this. A place--mind you--that wouldn't normally exist in the world we know."

As if to prove a point, a Arachabula crawled into view of the pair, just within the light of the alleyway. The pincers moved slowly as if watching them go by. Beecher's dark eyes landed on the creature causing his nose to wrinkle in response. "Come on, look at that. Even Australia doesn't have spiders like that." A red covered hand gestured to the alleyway. They passed the spider and it scurried back into the shadows with a parting hiss. "I wanted to show you because we the players need to work to get passed each level. The faster we do that the faster we get ho-"

The teen was cut off by the sound of breaking glass behind them. Eyes widening a fraction, the player turned just in time to see two players leap from an NPC store in laughing hysterics, shouting about how helpless NPC shop keepers were. They charged past the pair, shooting spells at guards who edged near to them, grinning from ear to ear.

Beecher's clenched jaw dropped into a frown as he watched the two go by, gloating in their victory. Thieves who stole from NPCs. He couldn't understand how they could drop their moral codes all because they are in a game. They wouldn't get away with it in real life or in virtual. Face turning stoic paired with a swipe of his hand caused a shimmer in the air. Bow and arrow equipped and weapon pointed, the player shot the virtual weapon. Like a bullet, the projectile embedded itself into the heel of the player in front, causing him to topple over like a puppet cut from its strings. This action caused the other boy to trip over his partner in crime. The near adult felt pretty cool nailing the shot like that, because holy shit was that lucky.

He had to try and hide his satisfied smirk, and offered the man a glance. "Would you like to read them their rights, officer?"

Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls]   Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 6:06 pm

The scene played out in front of him. Ellison was enamored by the spider. He studied it, its eerie patterns, the thick saliva that dripped from its maw. He had never seen anything like it. It stood idle until glass shattered from afar, causing it to scurry and the officer to turn. A shimmer, a shot... Ellison backed up a moment. It was a brief moment. When they boy turned, the officer grabbed him by the collar, throwing him against the wall, spinning him and pinning him face-forward.

"What the fuck are you?" he spat, flipping him around. He didn't have cuffs, but he had a belt-- he began to take it off his pants. "What the fuck kind of freak show is this? Whatever you have me in, you're gonna take me out--now!"

No way all his bloviating was true. The man wiped sweat from his eyes. But where did he get that bow from? It still was in his hands... he reached to snatch it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls]   Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bum a fag [semi-open, ask pls]
Page 1 of 1