Project Aubade
Welcome to Project Aubade! Drop by this topic if you are thinking about joining! Thank you!

http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/t62-welcome-to-project-aubade-this-is-what-you-need-to-know
Project Aubade
Welcome to Project Aubade! Drop by this topic if you are thinking about joining! Thank you!

http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/t62-welcome-to-project-aubade-this-is-what-you-need-to-know
Project Aubade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep within a lab in Iceland, a new virtual reality project has been launched. The participants, however, were kidnapped. Welcome to the world of Project Aubade.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Measures Against Speedrunning - Stop and Smell the Roses

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admin
Jay

Bits : 2577

Measures Against Speedrunning - Stop and Smell the Roses Empty
PostMeasures Against Speedrunning - Stop and Smell the Roses

It has come to my attention that a few of the users are trying to ascend the ranks as quickly as possible, just for the sake of rewards rather than roleplay. I would like to remind everybody that the perks ahead of you are there for the sake of keeping you motivated rather than for you to take in the first month of the site. To dispel the need to go as quickly as possible through the levels, however, I have implemented some precautions to slow the pace of roleplayers by a reasonable margin. If you aren't physically looking to zoom through the site as quickly as possible, this shouldn't effect you too much.

• Quest rewards have been slashed in half
    >Quests were ridiculously priced, and caused heavy bit disparity between people who could do them quickly and people who couldn't, or who didn't want to do quests. So instead of 90 bits, it gives 50 bits.

• Only one quest can be done per week
    >To prevent people from rushing through quests simply for the money factor over the RP/character development factor, there must be a one-week cooldown between the end of a quest and the start of a new one. Exceptions to this can be made if you make a case to staff.

• Gatekeeper tickets can not be bought in bulk, and each needs to be bought at least a week after your last gatekeeper battle ends.
    >This essentially assures that you must spend at least a week on each level. Maybe RP a little while you're waiting.

• Gatekeeper tickets can not be bought on a level that the ticket does not belong to.
    >aka, if your character is only on the first level, you cannot buy a gatekeeper ticket for the fifth level.

Stop and smell the roses, please. We are a writing site, not an actual video game. We have things planned that we don't want triggered two months into the site. This isn't a race.

Last edited by Jay on Tue May 09, 2017 3:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://projectaubade.rpg-board.net
Share this post on: reddit

Measures Against Speedrunning - Stop and Smell the Roses :: Comments

Anything that violates these guidelines, whether it be extra bits or quests already started, are allowed, save for one severe exception.
PREACH
Bun Bun
Niceee
While I am a bit bummed that I can't do my gate topic rn, I'm happy that I was able to help find this oversight in the function of Project
Kitty wrote:
While I am a bit bummed that I can't do my gate topic rn, I'm happy that I was able to help find this oversight in the function of Project

You were caught cheating the system and weren't planning on reporting it, stop acting like you did a good service.

Last edited by Jay on Tue May 09, 2017 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Its the week limit on tickets apply to only one character or does it apply to all characters? Like if I bought a ticket for Mason, and wanted to buy a ticket for Gabe would I still have to wait a week?
Coon wrote:
Its the week limit on tickets apply to only one character or does it apply to all characters? Like if I bought a ticket for Mason, and wanted to buy a ticket for Gabe would I still have to wait a week?

Good question, it does not.

Measures Against Speedrunning - Stop and Smell the Roses

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Aubade :: Announcements :: Staff Announcements-
Jump to: