Project Aubade
Welcome to Project Aubade! Drop by this topic if you are thinking about joining! Thank you!

http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/t62-welcome-to-project-aubade-this-is-what-you-need-to-know
Project Aubade
Welcome to Project Aubade! Drop by this topic if you are thinking about joining! Thank you!

http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/t62-welcome-to-project-aubade-this-is-what-you-need-to-know
Project Aubade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep within a lab in Iceland, a new virtual reality project has been launched. The participants, however, were kidnapped. Welcome to the world of Project Aubade.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Era of The Madonna [ Open ]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Echo
Keeper of the Akashic Records
Echo

Bits : 3111

Era of The Madonna [ Open ] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of The Madonna [ Open ]   Era of The Madonna [ Open ] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 10:39 pm

Actually, we'd both be better off if someone else found you, was the first thought to pop into her mind as Addison giddily clasped her hands once more, inching closer and closer by the second. For a few moments, she couldn't help but feel her face redden even more, the heat reaching to the tips of her ears, and if she could, her ears would be blowing out steam. She didn't know what to say about Addison at all - one moment, he'd be going on about his own loveliness and making the most narcissistic of comments; the next would consist of praising her as though she were a goddess; and the last would be of desperation and the necessity it would be for her to stay with him.

Lilian wasn't quite sure what to say. Maybe this player was on the insane side, and it'd be a good idea to teleport out of their place as soon as possible. Or maybe she was completely misinterpreting what he was saying. Perhaps it was something in between or not at all. She couldn't tell whether she enjoyed the praise and how Addison was singling her out as someone special or if she was annoyed about the very misplaced feelings that the mage was weighing on her shoulders. Taking a deep breath, the blonde let out an exasperated sigh. "Okay, I'll just be straight with you that there's probably a lot of nicer and better players than me out there." Unfortunately. There really was no helping that one.

She wasn't as stupid as the rest of them, but she really was terribly lacking in the game department. "You've been here for only an hour or so. Give the other players a chance before you settle with me." It wasn't that she wanted to be a solo player - hell, she would rather not be one, but... "It doesn't sit well with me to drag someone else down when I'm a complete dunce at this sort of thing.""

Carefully, she freed herself from Addison's grasp again. "I don't mind trying to help along the way. Just, you know," - no, she didn't know at all - "Don't 100% depend on me for everything. It's better you branch out. There's a gathering pretty soon too, I think. You'll meet a lot of other players there."
Back to top Go down
Minami

Minami

Bits : 2557

PostSubject: Re: Era of The Madonna [ Open ]   Era of The Madonna [ Open ] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 8:25 pm

Era of The Madonna [ Open ] - Page 2 YzIIsb4

Smiley face
Resuming Scene . . .
Scene 4: Medieval Is The New Black

First and foremost, Lilian initiated her response by stating the fact that a plethora of more pleasant and experienced players existed within this world. Addison immediately responded within his mind - however, he'd no intention of interrupting her now. He wanted to hear the rest of what she had to say all while remaining so close within her personal space. Moving on, she implored that he survey the scene, try out a few varying flavors before sticking with this one. Despite the flavor-text, he'd felt this and her prior statement held the same weight. On the outside, one would see this as her attempting to divert her; Addison viewed it differently. Despite her manner of speaking and the specific tones behind her words, Addison managed to note one thing behind the surface.

. . . She hadn't minded his presence at all. In fact, it was a possibility she might've even wanted him there. However, she seemed to lack the confidence in taking on the leadership position; at least until he'd learned his own tricks for the trades. With this in mind, he listened to the remainder of what she had to say before she broke his grasp once again. Lightly pouting at this fact, he swiftly tucked his hands behind him and giggle; pacing whilst deep in thought.

"An event she says, a gala perhaps?" He pressed his hands upon his cheeks and shook his head from left to right in embarrassment "No no, that just wouldn't do! I simply don't have the materials! Don't get me started about these disgusting outfits! I would look absolutely horrid!" Narcissism aside, he began to see things from a survivalist perspective. "A woman such as myself might fair well in such an event regardless." He smirked "I'll dazzle the crowd with my naturally stunning beauty, have men and women alike eating from the palm of my hand!" He erupted into an elegant laugh of sorts ( one of those "AHHH-HA-HA-HA!" rich snobby girls on anime do ); his composure seemingly returned to him as he spoke proudly.

"What are we waiting for then? We've no time to waste sitting here and looking pretty, we've got to show this beauty to the unsuspecting townfolk!" Letting yet another laugh engulf the vicinity, he'd placed his hands upon his hips as he finished. "Though, if I may say?" A gentle smile met Lilian's gaze "I feel that no matter whom I meet, I'll still choose you anyway."

An eccentric "woman" and an all too confused girl. The camera fades to black with the focus on Addison and his smile.

End Scene.

Back to top Go down
Echo
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Era of The Madonna [ Open ]   Era of The Madonna [ Open ] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 8:44 pm

Did Addison like doing a lot of thinking in her head? That was the only conclusion that she could come to when she constantly saw the other player making gestures and movements that didn't seem to be in reaction to what she had stated out loud; more than anything, all of the blush and very feminine gestures were eerily reminiscent of an older cousin that she had before. Her older cousins and her mother. Sometimes she had to wonder if that was simply how narcissists managed themselves or if it was a personality trait that ran in the blood of nobility. To think that she used to go along with this sort of thing too... It was a ghastly sight to behold now, and Lilian was secretly grateful that she had done away with this behavior in light of participating in sports and more tomboy-ish activities instead.

A laugh had rung throughout the room, and nervously, she felt one bubble out of her throat too, though she was unsure why. When the mage had finally began speaking again instead of having a conversation within his own head, cerulean blue eyes widened in disbelief, blinking as though she hadn't heard what Addison had said properly. "Ahem," were the first words she managed to let out, slightly ashamed that her reaction time had been so slow at that moment.

"The gathering isn't for another few days, at least," Lilian corrected softly, bracing herself for when Addison would have some sort of hopes and dreams crushed because of a misunderstanding. "I'm not sure if they're going to have one this month either." Though it was very likely that they would, since the game was still new enough that they would need to continue sharing information with one another. Seeing Olive again that night wouldn't be so bad either, and she could only cross her fingers that there wouldn't be as much ruckus as last time - according to what she had heard about it, anyway.

Crimson red flushed on her cheeks, and Lilian spun on her heel, crossing her arms across her chest in a pathetic attempt to hide her blushing. "I don't think we would have even met in the first place if you saw someone else," she muttered, continuing her next line of thought under her breath, half to herself, half to Addison, "It was just a coincidence that you were around when I decided to walk to the fountain..." As her voice trailed off, she made a mental note to herself to avoid the square for the rest of eternity. She was not willing to explain the basics of this cage to anyone else. Not until she was more knowledgeable about it, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Minami

Minami

PostSubject: Re: Era of The Madonna [ Open ]   Era of The Madonna [ Open ] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 12:40 pm

Smiley face
Scene 5: Preparation! The Event Draws Near!~

Winter had never felt so harsh until this day. A single mountain, it's name unclear. It was drenched in snow; welcoming only the cruelest of temperatures. With it's towering stature and built physique, it possessed many things others would live the entirety of their lives lacking. Of course, what they possessed? This mountain craved more than any other...company. Yes, due to it's nature it'd existed without anyone to acknowledge it - at least, not until recently. A single being had been spotted; sullen, drab, and dreary. Regardless of their intentions, they had slowly begun scaling the mountain. . It couldn't have been happier.

Whilst they scaled, they noticed an unusual feature about this behemoth of rock and snow. The higher they got, the warmer the atmosphere would become. Snow melted, beautiful waterfalls all about them. Scenes thought only fathomable in dream-like states before their very eyes. Happiness overwhelmed this being as they had eventually started reaching the top. As they took their final steps, they were met with another being who seemed to had gotten there a few seconds prior. An outside interference perhaps? This particular person seemed nigh-omnipotent; their golden hair and blue eyes gazing at the repulsive sight before them.

"Who are you?" This being asked the omnipotent one.

"Is that not obvious? Look upon that which you stand. Tell me you've not recognized this all before. The cold bitter beginnings to the warmth of the peak. This particular mountain isn't given it's name for aesthetic." The being's eyes widened, it's hands now engulfed in black.

"Then what am I?" The being asked them. They smiled, letting out a crisp yet apathetic chuckle as they spoke.

"You are The Mountain - or at least, the physical embodiment of such." Before they could ask, the blue-eyed deity spoke again "And who am I, you might ask?" Wickedness crawled from cheek to cheek in the form of a smile "Disappointment." A single gust of wind pushed the being off of the mountain, the cruel blue-eyed deity cackling as they fell back towards the bottom of the mountain.

. . .

One could almost hear the sound of snow crunching within as Addison's expression dropped. "Oh, I see then." Addison absolutely adored these events; and not for stereotypical reasons. Doing your best to show up and show out despite your current predicament always felt like an escape to him. He could be whomever he desired, however he desired it. Due to this being his first day on the scene, he craved to make a good impression with the locals. Or at least, an impression he himself could be proud of. After all, if he was going to party with others one day? He'd have to give them a reason to want him.~

. . . Okay, maybe a little stereotypical.

"No matter then, darling! We can spend this month preparing for the festivities!" Making his way now toward the door, he placed his hand on the knob and twisted it before looking back. "We must be quick! I need to acquire the funds for a beautiful dress in so little time. Games like these have quests don't they? We must be off to the quest leader!" The door now swung open, light engulfing Addison as he spoke in a gentler tone.

"Fate is fate, my dear. You and I were mean't to be! Now then, lead the way if you would!"

And so is the beginning of a very odd yet beautiful friendship.

Pause Scene.

Back to top Go down
Echo
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Era of The Madonna [ Open ]   Era of The Madonna [ Open ] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 1:44 pm

Guilt ate away at her mind, an infestation of termites chipping away at the wood they desired. She found herself hesitantly laughing, an awkward sound with no real happiness within it. It wasn't an empty laugh, per say, but it certainly wasn't one out of enjoyment or any positive emotions. Her hand raised up to the back of her neck, rubbing it as she listened to the pure disappointment - that was most likely an understatement, to say the least - dripping from Addison's words. It was his fault for jumping to conclusions, she told herself. The green-eyed mage had set himself up without allowing her to give out all of the necessary information, never mind how blatantly obvious Addison's intentions on attending the gathering were.

Lilian suppressed a sigh, watching the taller figure approach the door and open it. Wait, they were going to do a quest? Right now? Are you kidding me? This was supposed to be her break day; for the past week or so, she had been taking on quest after quest, and quite frankly, she had grown exhausted of slaughtering Wickens in roundabout manners. As nice as Addison was... minus the narcissism, of course, she had already taken more than enough time to help the novice player out. Time out of her break, the time that she should've been relaxing in and enjoying herself.

"Okay, yeah, no," she replied, stiffening her words to have some tone of assertion to them, her arms crossing themselves across her chest once more. To say that she was simply tired of these shenanigans would've been a lie to herself. "I've been running around this level and earning bits for awhile. In no way was I planning to do some quests today, and I'm not changing my mind." Her fingers pinched the bridge of her nose. Really, this player had been crying about an hour ago or so. He calmed down way too fast.

Clearing her throat, the ranger continued, "I'll take you to the pub, but I'm not questing." Leading the way out the door, she let out a breath that she didn't realize she was holding on. With Addison in tow, Lilian sauntered through the streets of Roslare. It didn't take long before they reached the building in question, the door jingling with a little bell when it was pushed open. Several waiters and waitresses were scurrying around. Oh, right. Rush hour.

A black-clad waiter approached the pair, bowing, "Welcome to Watcher's Pub. Right this way, please." Once the two were seated, the male NPC took out his notepad and lifted the pen from his ear. Cerulean eyes skimmed over the menu.

"What would you like today?"

After a moment of deliberation, Lilian answered, "Smoked chicken quesadillas and nachos, please." She blinked, believing she had missed something before hastily adding on, "Oh, and lemonade."

Scribbles and scrawling could be heard. The waiter turned his attention towards Addison. "And you?"
Back to top Go down
Minami

Minami

PostSubject: Re: Era of The Madonna [ Open ]   Era of The Madonna [ Open ] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 8:12 pm

Smiley face
Resume Scene . . .
Scene 5: Preparation! The Event Draws Near!

Addison's eyes widened in response to Lilian's open and rather blunt rejection. It wasn't entirely the fact that she'd said no to him, more so that he hadn't seen it coming until now. Throughout the multiple events, the various scenes that played within his mind, never once had Addison taken Lilian's feelings into consideration. He'd constantly been dragging her along without a word in edge wise; a trait ever-present deep within his inner workings. She'd been so busy with her own life, he couldn't simply force her to come with him. He should've taken her advice more seriously, truly listened to the message she attempted to give. He could only feel foolish as she mentioned taking him to the pub.

"I.." sadness coated his visage. This hadn't been the disappointment of rejection; this was the disappointment in himself. "I'm so sorry, hun. I hadn't even thought of asking you what you might've wanted. Forgive this woman for her horrid behavior." He nodded lightly, his energy returning at a steady pace "I understand, following the pub we shall go our separate ways. I can use this opportunity to meet a few new faces, dazzle them, and wrap them around my fingers!~" As they'd eventually reached the building in question, he found himself winking at a few of the waiters; their rose-colored expressions more satisfying than food in itself. A single male hurriedly approached them and bowed, greeting them with a tired smile.

"Mmn, I'll take you to go. Me-ow!~" He nervously laughed, making his way to their table as they sat down. She'd given her order as he contemplated his own. "Garden Salad with ranch dressing with a glass of water. Oh, if you wouldn't mind, darling? I'd like a lemon wedge on the side, please."

Pause Scene.

Back to top Go down
Echo
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Era of The Madonna [ Open ]   Era of The Madonna [ Open ] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 3:54 pm

For the most part, what Addison had said on the way to the pub was something that Lilian had opted to ignore, feeling there wasn't much a need to respond to it. Every now and then, she'd make gestures that she had been listening or roll her eyes in exasperation, but it felt like a blessing to enter the pub and be surrounded by several NPCs and possibly other players. Once the mage had given his order to the waiter, she placed her palm on the top of her forehead upon seeing Addison's rather flirty gestures. The programmed NPC gave a polite bow with a "I'll be back with your orders momentarily" before going well on his way. Releasing a sigh of relief, cerulean eyes fell back towards the player sitting across from her.

Her hands rested themselves on her lap as she took a poised position - mainly out of habit, if anything - before she spoke up, "Now that we're here, you can look around while waiting on food." Pointing towards the bulletin board that was obscured by the sea of heads a good distance away from their table, Lilian began her explanation, keeping it as succinct but informative as she could manage. "All the quests are pulled up over there. Different objectives and varying bit rewards, but none of them are super duper dangerous." In her mind, she contradicted herself: They're anything but safe. It took more than the number of fingers on her hand to count how many times she nearly lost a life. Granted, she was still pretty bad at the game.

At least nobody had lost a life yet. Being the first one to do so would be a major blow to her dignity and pride, and thus, Lilian refused to go to the gate battles just yet. Not until she learned a tiny bit more; something told her that her expertise with a bow and arrow wouldn't quite be enough. Maybe buying one of those potion things that Gabe mentioned? That would probably work. "Oh, and even though they're really similar, you can separate NPCs and players pretty easily." She paused her words momentarily to catch a breath. "If you're in close enough proximity of a player, you'll see their name and a little symbol depicting their class hovering over their head. NPCs have generic labels, for the most part."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Era of The Madonna [ Open ]   Era of The Madonna [ Open ] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Era of The Madonna [ Open ]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2