Project Aubade
Welcome to Project Aubade! Drop by this topic if you are thinking about joining! Thank you!

http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/t62-welcome-to-project-aubade-this-is-what-you-need-to-know


Deep within a lab in Iceland, a new virtual reality project has been launched. The participants, however, were kidnapped. Welcome to the world of Project Aubade.
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Dull Chill [open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 214
Bits : 306
Join date : 2017-04-13
Age : 88
Location : Indiana - The only place where you get all four seasons in a week

PostSubject: The Dull Chill [open]   Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:46 pm

Mackenzie had to get away from the town.

All of the people there, all of the voices... It was overwhelming. Considering her brother had gone off to explore the area, the fact that she would be left to socialize wasn't in her favor. She made sure to promise to meet up with Shepard later. So for now, it wouldn't hurt to explore on her own. Having learned her UI in and out rather quickly, she felt at least safe enough to explore. With her longbow equipped, being strung onto her back, if anything came at her she had to face she could do so. But a brief check of her stats showed she would be better off running.

As her feet carried her our of the cheerful, colorful town, everything seemed to momentarily brighten. The grass grew more vibrant, the blue of the sky sang a chorus of color. But not for long. Almost as soon as it grew happier, there was a vacuum that sucked it right away. An energy in the air resonated that way too... Something wasn't striking right.

Despite the fact that it was most certainly mid-day and that the sun should be lighting the entire area, the grass beneath her feet looked grey as stone. As if someone had flipped on a grayscale filter for her eyes. Even as she glanced at herself, the cloak she wore grew more dull by the moment. If she saw her reflection, the trademark vibrancy of her eyes would be gone, too.

Just as the color was being drained from her vision, the heavy feeling of moisture in the air also sank onto her shoulders. It was the chilling mist that soaked one right to the bone, and she was feeling the effects of it quickly. Although, it almost carried her feet. While the terrain behind her was more level, Mackenzie stumbled as the what should be soft grass turned to be speckled with rock. It all seemed to shift from there, at rather an awkward and steep angle. With her gaze tracked onto her footing, she let the mist carry her to where it wished for her to go.

The blonde jumped the moment an ice-cold chill scurried up her body from her foot. A quick glance downward revealed that she had reached a source of water, and an even more thorough scan of the area revealed a lake... A chillingly beautiful one at that. While the air did feel admittedly heavy and a bit hard to breathe in, the sights she saw were still breathtaking. Even with the lack of color, it was almost as if someone had sketched the scene out with a very light pencil, and maybe a single colored pencil to add a slight hue to the life beneath.

Kenzie found no issue with her surroundings. Even though she was cold from the fog slowly drenching her clothes, the serenity of silence was comforting.... Soothing. It was almost like she had found her own little solace for peace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokefarm.com/user/Bayx
Crystal

avatar

Posts : 86
Bits : 275
Join date : 2017-04-14
Age : 17

PostSubject: Re: The Dull Chill [open]   Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Claire had clutched onto her cross tightly. She had always been religious and when the cross was given to her she suddenly felt more safe, like this was something god has chosen for her to do since she would able to. Claire had mumbled to herself as she left the town, she didn't want to be surrounded by idiot's she decided it would be better if she went her own way. She had always been better at doing thing's solo. As she continued to move forward Claire had noticed something strange. She first noticed when she spotted a plant, it looked like it was dead since it was colorless but it seemed to be living..?

She continued forward to investigate and soon the grass changed colors, from a healthy green to a mono colored grey..? Confused Claire had decided it would be better if she headed back. She glanced at her surroundings and completely forgot which way she had arrived from. Her grasp on the cross tightened hoping that god could aid her in this situation.. Mumbling something to herself she followed her gut and came across a figure of a person.

"Hello?" She called out to the shadow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
avatar

Posts : 315
Bits : 235
Join date : 2017-03-14
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Dull Chill [open]   Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Rory swallowed.

She had arrived earlier than the other two, was further into the foggy area. Out in front of her, peaks of green rock jutted from clouds of mist. The ground before her collapsed into this pool of opacity, a cloud of white, visible air. if she fell off, she would definitely lose a life. The player breathed out. Would that be so bad? Would she ever even get out of the world?

A shout from afar turned her attention from the crag, startling her. Shit, who was that? Were those other players? Did she want to meet anyone? Rory didn't feel like talking to people in real life, let alone in that hellhole; but perhaps that was the only way she would survive.

"Well, they can find me..." she whispered to herself, and turned her attention to the cliffside just in time to see the creature flying towards her, mouth agape.

A strong gust threw the girl into the rocky wall behind her. She braced for impact before she even knew what was happening, letting out a sharp wail of pain when it happened. Her back went numb as she hit the stone and fell face first. She moved her arm to grip the rocky ground, amazed that her spine didn't shatter.

Well, of course. It wasn't her real back. She doubted the coding factored in paralysis.

She looked up to see the creature had disappeared, having been replaced with the looming cloud of fog that washed over the peak in the falls momentarily, like a wave over the shore. Her body ached, and she groaned. Fuck, her HP had to be low. She was vulnerable.

The girl grit her teeth, trying to claw her way to her feet. Those people... what if they could help her?

_________________
| - site administrator - |

*✧・゚:Rory Kennedy - rouge |
| lancer - Wolfgang Pearson*:・゚✧
*✧・゚:Ellison Alvey - fighter |


Last edited by Jay on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectaubade.forumotion.com
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 214
Bits : 306
Join date : 2017-04-13
Age : 88
Location : Indiana - The only place where you get all four seasons in a week

PostSubject: Re: The Dull Chill [open]   Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:46 pm

The serenity Mackenzie had been given was ripped away the moment she heard another voice call out. Identifiably feminine, it sounded almost... scared. Afraid. Like it didn't want to be there and had wandered on accident. Could that be possible? Maybe. The fog here did make it hard to navigate... Although, the blond wasn't in any mood to socialize. Quickly drawing her cloak closer to her body, Mackenzie started moving around the edge of the lake. She'd avoid people if she could.

That was, until the wind picked up. Habitually, her feet dug into the ground for stability as she raised an arm to shield her eyes. In all honesty, it was terribly hard to keep herself upright. And were those... shadows? No. Her mind had to be betraying her. As quickly as it came though, the wind seemed to vanish, carrying a new sound along with it. The sound of something hitting on the terrain beside her made almost a slight echo, despite the fog in the air to capture any other noise

However, there was also a cry of pain - that caught the Ranger's attention. Almost immediately, ignoring the skid marks she had left in the dirt, she almost flung herself towards the edge of the sharp decline. "H-Hello down there? Just a minute... I'll come down to help you... If there's anyone else out there... P-Please, help." Her voice sounded a bit rough in patches, although that was simply because it wasn't used to the volume she was projecting.

Swinging her body around, and trying to find the best grasp she could given that wind would pick up again, Mackenzie tested the terrain beneath her. The rock seemed stable enough in most places, she could make the climb down... Right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokefarm.com/user/Bayx
Crystal

avatar

Posts : 86
Bits : 275
Join date : 2017-04-14
Age : 17

PostSubject: Re: The Dull Chill [open]   Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:04 pm

No answer.

Maybe it wasn't even a person in the first place, maybe it was some wretched animal that was hunting her or something. Just the thought of it made chills crawl down her spine, Claire sighed she propped her hoodie onto her head and continued to navigate under the thick fog. She only hoped that she would be able to find her way out of this place. Claire walked slower as she felt the wind becoming stronger and used her hand to shield her face as she marched on, she later discovered tracks on the ground.

Claire studied the foot-prints with a frown, they were obviously from another player.. so maybe she should head the other way? She really wanted to but maybe this person found the way out so she figured it would be better if she followed the tracks. A dark feeling crept into Claire when she heard a faint thump and a cry following it. Something clearly went wrong, maybe they tripped?

Well with the thought of a injury Claire couldn't just leave them alone. She was a cleric after all she had the ability to heal, god willed it. Quickly Claire headed towards the voices and paused when she had spotted a girl. Claire bit her lip, clutching her cross tightly and not saying a word. She glanced down where Mackenzie was looking and her eyes widened, the other player.. she seemed pretty badly hurt.
"I... I'll help" She muttered softly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
avatar

Posts : 315
Bits : 235
Join date : 2017-03-14
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Dull Chill [open]   Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:14 pm

Still on the ground, Rory grit her teeth, swiping her fingers feebly across the air in front of her. She took a look at her health bar. It was bleeping red, low and considerably so. Above her, the echo of a roar was heard, a high-pitched wail from deep within the fog. Suddenly, another figure shot out. The girl scrambled out of the way as it collided with the rocky wall behind her, an explosion of mist conjuring a rain of pebbles. She shielded her head. Her legs twitched, but each weight she tried to put on her knees seemed to be a fruitless attempt to stand.

So they didn't program in paralysis, but pinpointed injuries were definitely a thing.

And what was that thing? Rory had looked up before its collision to catch a brief look. It appeared to be a serpent, but it exploded into nothingness in an instance.

Rory grit her teeth, the player pulling her body forward. Did she hear a voice, or was that just her desperation? The fog was so thick, and the sounds of falling rock seemed to swirl and disperse with the clouds of mist, entering the wall and evaporating. Were there people in the Falls? If that voice was real, it was coming from below.

Yes, it had to be. There had to be people on ground level. She wasn't going to lose a life already.

The girl swiped through her UI as more cries sounded, and soon enough, another serpent came through, this one slower. It was more deliberate. The dragon coiled itself through the clouds, looking at her with cyan, stark blue eyes. It studied her, like a cat admiring a field mouse from afar. The player tapped her inventory, almost missing the button.

The dragon lurched forward. Fast as lighting, it dropped from the sky above her, catapulting itself forward, its velocity faster, faster, faster...

Rory tapped the bow.

Closer.

The weapon appeared in her hands.

The girl had no bow training in the real world, but she reached behind her back to her quiver.

Closer.

Her hand trembled as she loaded the arrow, the dragon too close. She shot it as soon as she set it.

The dragon's agape mouth came around her, and then the beast disappeared in a burst of wind, evaporating on the burst of the shot arrow. Wind whipped up the girl's short hair, and she pinned herself to the rocky floor to keep from flying off the cliff.

_________________
| - site administrator - |

*✧・゚:Rory Kennedy - rouge |
| lancer - Wolfgang Pearson*:・゚✧
*✧・゚:Ellison Alvey - fighter |
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectaubade.forumotion.com
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 214
Bits : 306
Join date : 2017-04-13
Age : 88
Location : Indiana - The only place where you get all four seasons in a week

PostSubject: Re: The Dull Chill [open]   Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:23 am

ooc; posting at school, sorry it'll be shorter.


Kenzie drew a quick glance back at her when she saw another person arrive. A quick glance over them revealed to her they had to be a cleric - and immediately she exhaled with relief. Thank the heavens, someone who can actually heal in this universe. She offered them a grateful nod, before going back to trying to figure out where exactly this person was.

GrrrrAaaah

The wind literally howled around her, and it disturbed Kenzie's otherwise braided hair. The very faint sound of an arrow firing immediately caught her attention and it came from... above?

Throwing her head back and upwards, Mackenzie squinted in an attempt to discover where exactly it came from. The wind had been howling, but then... it wasn't? She had to shake the feeling of confusion and focus on what she did know. That arrow fired from above, and from speaking to the girl by her, she knew immediately that sound worked as it should here. So there was no way she was simply confused on the direction of the sound.

Leaping back onto her feet, her cyan eyes tried to scope out the possible location of where this injured person was. It was rather hard to figure out, considering the only thing that seemed to surround her was mist, fog and... more fog. "Hey Ranger, tell me if you see my arrow!" She had no idea who the other person was, but, this was probably the only shot she'd have at finding them. And judging by the weapon's sound, they had to be a ranger. She had no other title for them.

Pulling an arrow out of her own quiver and drawing the bow from around her bodice, Mackenzie placed the arrow on the string. Taking a breath, she positioned it upwards - Not straight up, but not exactly at a 45-degree angle either.

The arrow was pulled back, the tension that was being placed on the wood of her longbow instantly being carried up her arm, every inch causing her to bring more force to her pull. Narrowing her eyes to figure out the positioning as best she could, she fired.

She only hoped it would reach the person, and all she could do was watch the vortex of air the arrow seemed to create.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokefarm.com/user/Bayx
Crystal

avatar

Posts : 86
Bits : 275
Join date : 2017-04-14
Age : 17

PostSubject: Re: The Dull Chill [open]   Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:59 pm

The strong gust of wind almost had Claire tumble onto her butt, luckily she managed to stay on her feet. The cleric had heard about the dragons that roamed around the falls they stayed hidden within the clouds. She was bought back from her thoughts when she had heard a fired arrow, Claire had glanced around confused which direction it had came from but her gut told her that the fired arrow came from above..? Claire sighed, what a situation she put herself in. Why did she decide to leave town in the first place? Maybe it isn't such a good idea to be a solo player, she was a cleric after all she specialized with healing.. She was placed in this game to help reckless players.

Claire stood and watched what Mackenzie was doing since she didn't have a clue what else to do. She glanced down at her cross, closing her eyes and mumbling a quiet prayer to herself hoping that the other player would be okay.. As soon as Claire had opened her eyes she saw a arrow launch into the sky it was shot from Mackenzie's bow. Her eyes had widened as she watched it fly through the fog...

Rangers... they sure had talent... She thought to herself
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
avatar

Posts : 315
Bits : 235
Join date : 2017-03-14
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Dull Chill [open]   Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:57 pm

A voice shouted from long within the fog, bouncing off the walls of the area. Rory flipped onto her back, saying nothing. If she was going to yell, she had to save all her energy for one, loud affirmation. The girl waited, the seconds passing by, her paranoia rotting away at her brain. She was like a wounded deer resting in a sunlit clearing, the wolves lingering in the shadows. Come on, come on, you fucking asshole, shoot the arro--!

An arrow whizzed out of the fog, so close she could hear the wind that funneled around its tip. The projectile shattered on the rock wall behind her, and Rory watched it, her eyes wide. She swallowed, her face glossed with a cold sweat. "A little!" she shouted. Immediately, the girl keeled over, coughing. Red splattered the rock below.

Oh, look. It seemed as if the game was rated M.

_________________
| - site administrator - |

*✧・゚:Rory Kennedy - rouge |
| lancer - Wolfgang Pearson*:・゚✧
*✧・゚:Ellison Alvey - fighter |


Last edited by Jay on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectaubade.forumotion.com
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 214
Bits : 306
Join date : 2017-04-13
Age : 88
Location : Indiana - The only place where you get all four seasons in a week

PostSubject: Re: The Dull Chill [open]   Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:12 pm

A little!

The girl was alive.

Well, of course she would be - the people of Project Aubade were given three lives and to her knowledge no one had lost one yet. But either way, the girl she had gone to rescue was most definitely alive. Was she well? That... that was another story. Judging by her tone alone, things definitely weren't well. A quick swipe of her UI allowed her to glance upwards and - faintly she could see the outline of her user name. She couldn't make out the name itself, but the glowing red bar was definitely visible.

Wait.

Red bar.
Was it... declining?

shit shit shit shit shit shit shit

All instincts inside of her screamed to get to this player as soon as possible. Biting on her inner cheek, she tried to scan the area. There wasn't much for her to see, but the rock looking in front of her seemed to be her only option. "I'm going to climb up to get her. I-I'm sure I'll be able to find a better way down, but there's no option to get up there."

Securing her bow back onto her body, and her arrow quiver tight against her side, Mackenzie's gloved hands went right to testing the grasp of the rock. It seemed stable to climb, but her gloves would have to go. They were quickly stowed away, and she was quick to set to climbing.

Good thing she had gone rock climbing a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokefarm.com/user/Bayx
Crystal

avatar

Posts : 86
Bits : 275
Join date : 2017-04-14
Age : 17

PostSubject: Re: The Dull Chill [open]   Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:39 pm

She looked up when she shouted.

Claire could tell that they didn't have much time before this player would lose a life, they had to move quickly. She glanced around trying to look for a way to get to her, but the only way she seemed to notice was the large rock in front of them. Claire bit her lip, she never went rock climbing but she had to get up to this player. When Mackenzie spoke Claire nodded in agreement they had to get up there and rock climbing was the only way to do it. She quickly rushed towards the rock and slowly but surely started climbing it, sweat slowly dripped from her forehead and she took a few deep breaths, before continuing.

Slowly she soon reached the top of the rock.. and glanced around for the player, Claire quickly took notice of her and took her cross out she had stowed away so it wouldn't drop as she was climbing.
Don't worry!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
avatar

Posts : 315
Bits : 235
Join date : 2017-03-14
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Dull Chill [open]   Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:45 pm

And there was nothing. Rory smiled feebly at the silence, the lack of anything. She was going to die on her own, if the dragons or whatever-the-fuck they were didn't get to her first. She had only been in that game for two days, two measly day cycles. She was not going to make it through the game. She would die, in a laboratory somewhere, never to be in the real world again.

The scuffs of the rocks as the two girls climbed nearby didn't register much with her. Her UI shouted with a plethora of beeps and dings. but it seemed to fade into the pulsing of her own consciousness. Dragons screamed at each other from beyond the mist, toying with what was left of her alert mind.

_________________
| - site administrator - |

*✧・゚:Rory Kennedy - rouge |
| lancer - Wolfgang Pearson*:・゚✧
*✧・゚:Ellison Alvey - fighter |
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectaubade.forumotion.com
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 214
Bits : 306
Join date : 2017-04-13
Age : 88
Location : Indiana - The only place where you get all four seasons in a week

PostSubject: Re: The Dull Chill [open]   Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:19 pm

Honestly, Mackenzie was somewhat shocked when she saw the cleric start to climb beside her. She thought she was going to have to make the trek alone, and find a way to get the damsel in distress down before she lost a life. But honestly, it was a lot nicer knowing the cleric was on the way too.

The climb upwards seemed to impact Mackenzie at much of a lesser degree than it did her partner. She took little time to find the Ranger in need of rescue, and their opened UI revealed to her just how low her health actually was. Taking in a deep breath, she grabbed the wrist of the Cleric, hurrying over to the one in need. "I-I've got a cleric here too... Y-You know what to do, right?" Her gaze traveled from the player to the cleric, her breath ragged from the climb she had just endeavored.

Hopefully they wouldn't be too late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokefarm.com/user/Bayx
Crystal

avatar

Posts : 86
Bits : 275
Join date : 2017-04-14
Age : 17

PostSubject: Re: The Dull Chill [open]   Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:49 pm

Did she expect her to just wait..? While there was a player in critical health. If she was then she was a fool, of corse Claire was going to scale up that rock to help that player! It took her awhile and as soon as she reached the top she was grabbed by the ranger. She almost protested, she hated having other people touch her, they needed to respect her personal space but she didn't say anything. Instead she put her focus on the injured player.

Her injuries were serious, she had self-doubt, but she had to try! She tuned out everything around her and her healing cross emitted a soft purple glow.. quietly chanting to herself the area around Rory soon emitted the same glow as her cross, sweat dripped from Claire's forehead but she had to forge on, she couldn't let herself quit, not if she wanted to save this player's life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin
avatar

Posts : 315
Bits : 235
Join date : 2017-03-14
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Dull Chill [open]   Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:08 pm

When the two got there, Rory's body had begun to pixelate, small blue particles flying upwards into nothing. She was at one HP. At the tick of a clock, the flash of a bulb, she would be gone. But there the cleric came, and the purple light met her character just in time. The pixelation stopped. Then, nothing. Even the dragons above ceased all sounds, or so it seemed in the heartbeat of a moment where things were uncertain. Rory was unconscious. Her character was in the condition 'Blacked Out.'

It took a little while to work. The red in the bar blinked, unmoving, along with the precipice of the 'zero' marker, the left side of the bar. Then, it started to move. Slowly, achingly so, it crept higher and higher, into orange to gold to a puke green. Rory stirred. She was still out of it, expecting to have popped up in her bed. Man, that sure felt like no time at all. She expected it to be a while before she woke up elsewhere, and for it to feel less like sleeping.

Her eyes opened wide. Was she back in Dragon Falls?

She died, right?

"I... I died, right?"

_________________
| - site administrator - |

*✧・゚:Rory Kennedy - rouge |
| lancer - Wolfgang Pearson*:・゚✧
*✧・゚:Ellison Alvey - fighter |
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectaubade.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Dull Chill [open]   

Back to top Go down
 
The Dull Chill [open]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» To Pour Salt Into An Open Wound...
» Work of Art (open to all)
» The Shivering Isles (Open To All!)
» Enemies Brought Together As One(Open, Pick N Play)
» Yoruyounaka Kaizokudan: Unknown Winter Island (open to anyone)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Aubade :: First Level - The Valley :: Dragon Falls-
Jump to: