Project Aubade
Welcome to Project Aubade! Drop by this topic if you are thinking about joining! Thank you!

http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/t62-welcome-to-project-aubade-this-is-what-you-need-to-know

Deep within a lab in Iceland, a new virtual reality project has been launched. The participants, however, were kidnapped. Welcome to the world of Project Aubade.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I never was particularly religious, but... [Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mizunao

Bits : 229

PostSubject: I never was particularly religious, but... [Open]   Mon May 15, 2017 12:19 pm

Midori peeked his head into the cathedral. He saw a couple people, praying devoutly, some crying vigorously, and others with blank expressions. Yup, he thought, I'm in the right place. He strolled in, putting up his weapon and sat down, removing his hat and relaxing in a pew. "Are you there, God?" He chuckled to himself. What was he doing here? He wasn't a Christian, not even close. Plus, he had no real concerns for his life; he'd been brought here because he tried to end it. So...why? More importantly, what? What was he supposed to do? He could kill himself again, but that seemed pointless, and not just because it would take 3 tries. Hmm...
"Guess I'll kill some stuff." He muttered. He looked around the room. Well, the more the merrier. Midori stood on top of his pew. "Hey, guys!!!" He yelled. "So, this sucks, right? We're all basically dead right now, and I can see you're having trouble coping with that. So, on that note," he ran to the top of the steps before finishing, "Who wants to beat this game before they DIE?!!!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mount

Bits : 201

PostSubject: Re: I never was particularly religious, but... [Open]   Sun May 21, 2017 1:50 am

Normally, Kaipo wouldn't be caught dead near any place of worship. However, he figured that he might as well take a look around since he was basically in a video game now. Hell, maybe he'd be really lucky and any gods in this world would actually do shit. He stood outside for a moment when he heard yelling erupt from inside the cathedral. Ooookay then. The pink-haired figure entered the building with a blank expression on his face, taking notice of the man atop the stairs preaching about beating the game. "I dunno, I think I'd rather just sleep for a reeeeeeeeal long time." He wore a smirk on his face as he spoke. "Sure, sign me up."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo
Keeper of the Akashic Records

Bits : 769

PostSubject: Re: I never was particularly religious, but... [Open]   Sun May 21, 2017 2:31 am

A ruckus was taking place in the cathedral. Anybody could hear the screams within it, disturbing the tranquility on holy grounds. Someone must've been committing a ridiculous act inside, enrapturing the attention of the NPCs and players, the ones who were prostrating to their so-called gods and goddesses. Though the programs had the excuse in which they had been told to do that sort of thing, the humans praying and begging must've been desperate for a savior that would never listen to their cries. His curiosity had piqued, at least, and he sauntered inside, folding his arms behind his back. Jade irises seemed to be filled with interest, almost as though he were amused to see what would happen next, as if entertained by the notions being spoken out.

By the end of the boy's speech, the one who was standing on top of the pews and making a spectacle out of himself before sprinting to the altar like a child, Callum bore no reaction, only wearing the same smile that was always fixated on his features. A different player had responded boldly, one with hair that could pass for bubblegum and could've passed for a girl. He didn't seem very concerned about the fact that his niche would be stolen, only listening intently to what was being spoken.

Casually, he walked up the steps, relaxed like it was an ordinary stroll in the park. Midori was taller by a foot, and he had to tilt his head up to lock his eyes into those gold ones. Dangerously close, his blade materializing in his hand as he swung upward, taking care only to slash close enough to graze the ranger's cheek.

"It would be so much easier if you silly people would just slit your own throats." Feigning innocence, he tilted his head slightly to the side. "But alas, here we are."

Callum · Lilian
Martial Artist + Mage / Third Level ~ Ranger / First Level
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin

Bits : 235

PostSubject: Re: I never was particularly religious, but... [Open]   Sun May 21, 2017 10:58 am

Rory restrung her bow, the silver line that bridged both sides of her weapon. She wished this wasn't necessary in a video game. The thing was as basic as it got, the lowest weapon on the ranger tier. When something was that cheap, they wanted to make sure you knew, and give you enough incentive to buy an upgrade-- or pull your hair out in the process. The girl stretched the string fair, looping it around the other end until the taut contraption bend down, and the girl stared at it for a while. It could be dangerous if it came off. She could only imagine it cracking down and slicing through her foot.

Perhaps it was a good time to finish. Rory lived near the cathedral, and a ruckus began to rise, filtering through her door and down the short street. The girl stepped out and glanced in the direction of the noise. Was it a voice? It sure sounded like a voice.

Rory was the last to arrive, entering through the side, her fingers grasping gingerly to her waistband, her blade holster. Her expression was that of a cat prowling-- her eyes were wide and calm, examining everything, her footfalls molded with delicacy. She arched her back to peek around the corner before moving into the chapel.

*✧・゚:Rory Kennedy - rouge |
| lancer - Wolfgang Pearson*:・゚✧
*✧・゚:Ellison Alvey - fighter |
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectaubade.forumotion.com
Mizunao

PostSubject: Re: I never was particularly religious, but... [Open]   Sun May 21, 2017 10:48 pm

Midori looked around the cathedral as he finished speaking. Most everyone had remained stagnant. Did I just preach to NPC'S? He thought. Then, someone spoke; a pink haired figure who Midori didn't recognize, not that that meant much. He seems interested, Midori thought. But before he could make it up to try and convene with the stranger, he found a blade by his face. He looked to his left, trying to see who did it, but it was only when he looked down that he saw his presumed attacker. "What, are you going to give me a shave, kid? Sorry, I don't have any pocket change for ya." Then, he looked beyond the small figure to the side door, where some kind of archer stood peering in. He pointed to the three of them in order. "You, you, and you hiding over there. I presume you were enthralled by my speech. Shorty, I like your guts, that will come in handy. So, I assume I can count you all in by the way you're so fixated, but just in case, speak now, or forever hold your peace."
He then put his hands behind his head. That was easy, he thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mount

PostSubject: Re: I never was particularly religious, but... [Open]   Sun May 21, 2017 11:38 pm

Kaipo blinked a few times as he watched the apparent small child hold Midori at bladepoint. He then doubled over, pressing a hand to his mouth to stifle his laughter as the man basically shrugged him off. Poor kiddo tried to act tough and just made this look like a god damn comedy act. After a few moments the pink-haired teen regained his composure. He was about to open his mouth in response, before realizing the man pointed to three people, not two. Wearing a "huh" sort of look on his face, Kaipo looked over his shoulder, spotting the archer girl. "I sure hope you didn't come here to worship, 'cause it's too late for that." He looked back towards the man and the short, green-haired figured threatening him. "Yeah, I don't see why not."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo

PostSubject: Re: I never was particularly religious, but... [Open]   Sun May 21, 2017 11:46 pm

It didn't particularly bother him that Midori wasn't startled, so he simply kept smiling, allowing his blade to disappear back into his inventory. Callum stuck out his tongue, taking a step back, placing his arms behind him. "Pocket change? You're worth less than scrap metal," he replied quietly before turning his head to face the two players off to the side. A ranger and a lancer, and with the person in front, another ranger. But this silly thing that Midori was pointing out, he rolled his eyes. "Aren't you just asking people to do the obvious? Everyone else is already playing the game while you relax in this little safe zone of yours." As if he would be fixated on someone who was just screeching out the obvious. This entertainment proved to be short-lived thus far.

Callum · Lilian
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mizunao

PostSubject: Re: I never was particularly religious, but... [Open]   Mon May 22, 2017 9:12 am

Midori glanced at the teen and gave him a thumb's up. Things appeared to be going well, if he did say so himself. Then, he noticed the blade in his peripheral disappear, and heard the boy's comment. He laughed a little, and bent down to whisper, "Kid, I got here about 20 minutes ago. Legit, I had time for a tour. I'm not chilling, I'm throwing myself into the fire." He glanced over to the last member, who had yet to speak. "HEY! YOU!!! Come on, you in or what???"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I never was particularly religious, but... [Open]   Tue May 23, 2017 8:48 pm

His exclamation made her jump. She had just been watching, like a cat in the rafters, forgetting she was human until the boy summoned her. Rory blinked and coughed, and shook her head. Whatever this was, it was safer at a distance. She sat on the bench along the entrance of the church, as she did for that gathering when everyone first came to the game. She wasn't even sure why she was still there... perhaps it was to watch if a fight was brewing.

Back to top Go down
Mizunao

PostSubject: Re: I never was particularly religious, but... [Open]   Tue May 23, 2017 11:37 pm

"Huh..." Midori scratched his head. Not quite the reaction he was hoping for, but he could work with what he got, he surmised. "Okay then, so I know I sounded all gung-ho up there and stuff, but," he looked between the other two, "How do we go about doing this, exactly? Do we just walk in a certain direction or summon a dragon or what?" His eyes stopped on the smaller player. "Hmm...well, if you chastised me for loitering around in the safe zone-which I didn't, by the way-then you must know something. What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mount

PostSubject: Re: I never was particularly religious, but... [Open]   Wed May 24, 2017 10:30 pm

Kaipo looked back over his shoulder again at the girl outside when the man started yelling towards her, only to see her decline his offer. Although they always say "the more the merrier," Kaipo figured the three of them would be fine without her. Simply offering the girl a shrug that she may not have even seen or noticed, he turned back to the other two once again. Before long, he found himself shrugging again. "I just got here, I dunno how any of this stuff works." His eyes followed Midori's, resting on Callum. "Careful, he might threaten you with a weapon again. He's probably super dangerous." Kaipo grinned as he spoke. All in good fun, right? Well... if Midori hadn't just pissed him off, Kaipo probably did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo

PostSubject: Re: I never was particularly religious, but... [Open]   Wed May 24, 2017 10:45 pm

A playful glint filled his empty eyes, keeping his gaze focused elsewhere as Midori bent down to whisper in his ears. One swift movement and he could've stabbed the player's eye out, but he only gave a haughty smirk in response. The girl wasn't making any movements to join them, only being startled before taking a seat. She could be ignored. As for the male ranger, he kept chattering on and on like some self-proclaimed leader while Kaipo threw his two cents in. Callum glanced over towards Midori out of the corner of his eyes, keeping a somewhat respectable distance away from him.

"Eh? Are you really throwing yourself into the fire?" Mock surprise weaved its way around his features. "You could've gone out in the field and completed a quest in that amount of time." Turning his head towards Kaipo, he gave a halfhearted shrug. So someone could tell he was a guy. Instead of being offended and being baited by the lancer's words, he played along.

"Please. I am just an ordinary player. My abilities have limits."

Callum · Lilian
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I never was particularly religious, but... [Open]   Wed May 24, 2017 11:12 pm

Rory tried to pick out the weakest of the bunch. They all looked rather girly, she concluded; it was like a 70s rock concert unfolding before her, but looks could be deceiving. The green haired... whatever carried themselves with some pomp. The girl unsheathed her knife and ran it across her fingers, the palm of her glove. She met Callum's glance over with little emotion, biting her lip and giving him an owlish glare back. She just wanted to make some money off of this...

Back to top Go down
Mizunao

PostSubject: Re: I never was particularly religious, but... [Open]   Thu May 25, 2017 12:17 am

Okay, Midori thought, this is not exactly going as planned. Still, death was an option...nah, too repetitive. He'd been over this already. Midori was so caught up in his own mind he almost missed the child's words. "Wait, seriously?" He asked. "We can just...go out and kill things? Like, we won't get one-shotted? Well, you probably think I will, tiny, but not the point! If we can go, what are we still standing around for?" He moved down the steps and towards the door, giving a thumb's up to the volunteer who hadn't tried to kill him. He called over his shoulder. "Let's go! Seriously, though, I still don't know where, so someone who does, feel free to get in front of me." He smirked as he finished and gestured for them to follow as he exited the cathedral.

Last edited by Mizunao on Thu May 25, 2017 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mount

PostSubject: Re: I never was particularly religious, but... [Open]   Thu May 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Kaipo shrugged again, starting to follow after Midori, speaking after a moment. "Not really one for introductions, are you? I'm Kaipo." He never said his name, after all, in spite of the fact that they were probably going to end up fighting generic video game monsters together at this rate. He didn't catch the green-haired one's name either, but at the same time, he didn't seem like the friendliest little kid in the world, so Kaipo didn't particularly mind. As for that archer girl that was staying back... he didn't know what to think of her, not yet. Besides being shy or something, at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I never was particularly religious, but... [Open]   

Back to top Go down

I never was particularly religious, but... [Open]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next