Project Aubade
Welcome to Project Aubade! Drop by this topic if you are thinking about joining! Thank you!

http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/t62-welcome-to-project-aubade-this-is-what-you-need-to-know
Project Aubade
Welcome to Project Aubade! Drop by this topic if you are thinking about joining! Thank you!

http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/t62-welcome-to-project-aubade-this-is-what-you-need-to-know
Project Aubade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep within a lab in Iceland, a new virtual reality project has been launched. The participants, however, were kidnapped. Welcome to the world of Project Aubade.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Knock knock [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Splotch

Splotch

Bits : 2676

Knock knock [closed] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 9:17 pm

Sorry doesn't sweeten my tea.

I thought we were being siblings hanging out and catching up. Then he knocks on the door, and you give me the look like you want me to leave. Do you feel like spending time with him is a better use of your time than me? I mean, we were doing something--he shows up--and then we were 'just finishing'. I'm just mad you all of a sudden jumped at the chance to spend time with him.

I mean, sure we've spent our entire lives together, but after coming here you've been further and further away. It's been awhile since we've hung out.

But, whatever.

I hope he is cool with me coming in, no promises on being nice. I've got to look at some quests anyways.

The use of Markie was effective for only a few seconds. He knew she felt bad. Well--felt bad about hurting him, not as much with spending time with Wolfgang. His fingers had hesitated when beginning to write the message. Yet with his frustration that had not been erased by his sister's apology.

As soon as he entered the pub, Shepard radiated frustration which made pub goers and waiters alike split like the Red Sea for him. The blond had checked the board before turning back to the bar just in time to see Wolfgang down a Arachabula Potion. The drink itself was unforgettable in appearance, and he could only imagine how unforgettable the taste. Not that he wasn't scared to try it--more along the lines that he had been recently saving money for the gate ticket and his next spending goal; a shield.

Hands in his pockets, Shepard strolled over to the bar--not having found anything interesting on the quest board--and took the seat to the other side of his sister. Before the bartender could ask what he wanted, the blond shook his head; an indication that he didn't want anything. Instead, his whiskered face peered past Mackenzie and towards Wolfgang. "That's pretty cool that you had the Arachabula Potion." He complimented before leaning back to watch the happenings of the pub. Shepard's compliment was both real and strained at the same time. It was greatly up to Wolfgang how to take it. Shepard's face had returned to a neutral appearance--although he had been told his resting face looked rather grumpy. Although, who could blame him for feeling that way?
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

Bits : 2626
Location : Indiana - The only place where you get all four seasons in a week

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 12:34 am

The reaction Mackenzie deciphered from Wolfgang in response to his drink was... interesting. For a moment, his face flushed a bright red. Then turned to a ghostly pale, before becoming normal. It was almost... concerning. Almost. It was also amusing, seeing the dwarf behind the counter watch at his response. She chuckled at Wolfgang's decline for another. "Oh come on, you should get a-" Her words cut off at the second Ding! of her messages.

She was honestly frightened to read what Shepard had to say to her.

Swiping open her UI, the first sentence was all she needed to read. The rest her brain skimmed, before noting that he was indeed going to the bar. Swiping shut her UI without daring respond, she looked directly at Wolfgang. "Shep's on his way."

As if on cue, she found her brother at the bar. She offered a smile and a nod to him, although she knew he wouldn't accept it well. So right afterwards she went to drinking the drink she had ordered. It was almost like a smoothie, but if someone had spiked it. Mackenzie decided that she liked it, her whiskered cheeks curling upwards in enjoyment at the beverage. If she were at home, she would be dead for this.

But, she wasn't at home.

Sparing a glance over at her brother at his comment to Wolfgang, she raised one of her eyebrows. It was her silent communication to him. I know you're mad at me. His resting face did look rather... unhappy. She didn't blame him though. He had a right to be mad at her, he made a good point. The resting of her eyebrow and glance down at her drink, along with the twiddling of her thumbs was also a silent message to her twin. Can I make it up to you? Whether or not he took them was entirely on his behalf.

Either way, it'd be interesting to see how the rest of the night was going to unfold.
Back to top Go down
http://pokefarm.com/user/Bayx
Jay
Admin
Jay

Bits : 2555

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 1:04 am

Wolfgang was still getting over the drink, the words around him bubbling to the surface like the poison he had just ingested. Who was there? Did she even say anything? It wasn't until the girl's brother appeared that he realized what she said. The blind boy turned in his chair, and his eyes were two round mirrors, windows larger than those on Versailles. His mouth didn't open for a while. He looked over at Mackenzie, but her face seemed sour in his mind. Why did she invite him? Was she that sick of him already?

The boy just gave a nod to Shepard, and swung back around. He raised a finger, his palm flat amongst the minefield of splinters, and his lips parted.

"Another one, please."
Back to top Go down
https://projectaubade.rpg-board.net
Splotch

Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 2:07 pm

Shepard read his sister's gaze in a look. Blue eyes flicked back to the counter, taking his arms off of it when he felt the slight prick of a splinter. Nose wrinkling, the blond bent his arm back and he began searching for it. It took a moment, but he was able to find it half way through his shirt. Luckily it was a long one. Damn, the olden days must have sucked with these wooden table tops. His avoidance of her gaze was enough to emphasise that she had upset him.

Again, he looked past her to watch Wolfgang ask for another. Shepard visibly flinched. He had seen others drink it, be it NPCs or other players. They weren't in the right state of mind after the first. Yet alone a second? "Is that smart?"
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 4:17 pm

Great. So they were both mad at her. She just kept her gaze down at her own drink, which had gotten low. She signaled the bar tender for another, and she swiftly finished her first one once the second arrived with a soft clink.

When Wolfgang mentioned getting another Arachabula Potion, she immediately sent a glare his way. Sort of a- Don't you dare. But the bartender slid him one anyways, and he paid the money. Well shit. This would be fun. She'd be dealing surely with either a poisoned asshole or a drunk one. Shaking the rather annoying thought away, knowing her brother was mad at her, she held her silence. But she definitely agreed with Shepard's comment which basically questioned what the hell Wolfgang was doing.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 07, 2017 6:41 pm

The second one went down much easier. Despite the siblings' objections, the boy's mind was hot, and he didn't even see Mackenzie's glare. He felt enclosed, in a way, stuck in a situation he both simultaneously wanted to be in and didn't want to be in. Two wolves fought over the bittersweet fruit of that bar scene. It was so close to perfect, and maybe was perfect until he walked in. Now, everything was awkward. Wolfgang's skin went through the same sort of transformation, ghostly to beet to normal, but it distracted him. Perhaps that was a good thing. His throat itched like poison oak.
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 12:13 am

Blond brows rose to the point where they were partially hidden behind the wrap on his head. It seemed his sister was sharing the same idea that he did. The drink had poison in it, mixed with a potion. It couldn't taste that good. Besides, Wolfgang's skin color was changing like a chameleon. Nose wrinkling, Shepard propped his head up with his arm--leaning on the table--watching Wolfgang recover from his beverage. "There is a difference between courage and idiocy. It starts with having another one of those." A hand was gestured the empty cup's way. "I'd advise against having another." Shepard told him, flickering to his sister for a moment--then back to him. He didn't expect Wolfgang to actually listen to him. After all, he did what he wanted, and Shepard wouldn't be shocked if he had another just to spite him. He'd do the same if he was in his shoes.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 9:21 am

Mackenzie's fingers rapped on the edge of her glass. It chimed a slightly different pitch with every touch, although it stayed relatively within the same note. Which one it was, she couldn't name. It was definitely a higher note though. Out of the corner of her eye, she watched Wolfgang's chameleon-like transformation. Was he as bad as her mother was? She had heard the stories of the days in high school when her mother Keirsta did nothing but drink. This reminded her of it and it made her face flush. "Wolfgang... He's right. Too much poison, even when balanced with that potion, will not settle well with your body." That was just common knowledge. The more poison there was, the more potion it'd take to neutralize it. You didn't just double the amounts.

She gave a look to the bartender, a 'I'll pay you to not give him another' type of look. Whether or not he picked it up purely depended on his perception abilities. Mackenzie had almost mastered it with silent communication with Shepard. "Hey Shep, you should try a sip of this though. It's like a smoothie." It basically was. It only had about a splash of alcohol in it, and she was just fine with that. It was enough to where she wouldn't get in trouble for drinking too much, and she almost had two entire ones. "I promise, you can't really tell there's anything in this."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 5:57 pm

So much lecturing; both voices seemed to swirl into a uniform hum. They were pretty similar, the two, and he wasn't feeling to hot on either at the moment. The boy shook his glass a little bit, watching his reflection tumble in the remaining liquid at the bottom of the cup. It was gross and bitter anyway. "I think I am gonna head out," he announced, stepping back from his stool, not looking either of the twins in the eye. "I've got a date with a lyre."

His smile was as cheap as the rickety floorboards that creaked under his feet. He turned with a wave and a halfhearted goodbye, and began to walk off, out into the open air. It was cooler out there. Perhaps that was what he needed; he didn't realize how much sweat was on his brow until the wind hit it, turning his forehead to ice. The boy took a moment to contemplate what happened, to bask in the new breeze.

Did he just get replaced on a date with the girl's brother?

Jesus Christ, this new world was not treating him well...
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 8:04 pm

Shepard once again, shook his head. He wasn't in the mood for drinking anything, besides--he wasn't planning on staying any longer. Just as Shepard was about to get up and leave, it seemed Wolfgang had the same idea--mumbling something about a lyre. Glittering eyes followed him out of the building. Lips pursed, Shepard stood up too, arms crossed around his chainmail shirt. "It seems he was angry for the same reason I am. You can't please everyone, Mackenzie. You'd be better off setting up times, then not inviting someone else along. It pisses people off." He turned away, following the same path as Wolfgang almost to the step. "See you at the gate." Without so much as a glance back, Shepard ducked out of the pub.

At least he and Wolfgang had something in common at that point.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 8:00 am

Mackenzie simply watched as Wolfgang got up. Well, shit. Giving him a nod and an attempted smile, she went back to tapping her fingers on her glass. Shepard had denied the drink, and so she didn't exactly have anything better to do. When he got up too, she turned her head to listen to what he had to say.

She was going to open her mouth to say something, especially a retort to her brother. But she simply decided it'd be best to shut up. He left the same way Wolfgang had, almost following his exact path. It didn't exactly exclaim 'creepy' to her, but it didn't settle right.

Finishing the rest of the alcoholic smoothie, Mackenzie tossed a little tip at the bartender before getting up to leave. She no longer had business there, and she also had a gatekeeper battle to prepare for.

She just hoped that her brother wouldn't hold this against her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knock knock [closed]   Knock knock [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Knock knock [closed]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3