Project Aubade
Welcome to Project Aubade! Drop by this topic if you are thinking about joining! Thank you!

http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/t62-welcome-to-project-aubade-this-is-what-you-need-to-know


Deep within a lab in Iceland, a new virtual reality project has been launched. The participants, however, were kidnapped. Welcome to the world of Project Aubade.
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 It is Raining Somewhere [closed]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Splotch

avatar

Posts : 100
Bits : 296
Join date : 2017-04-13
Age : 17
Location : Arizona--Satan's Armpit

PostSubject: It is Raining Somewhere [closed]   Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:22 pm

Shepard was in the lead, hand on the handle of his sword as they approached the area in which the boss would be. He slowed to a stop near a vine that crossed the length of the floor. Further on, it weaved in and out--meshed together with other vines-- almost a complete mess. Shepard looked back at the two he traveled with. His sister--and her friend.

"Are you ready?" He asked, taking a step into the mess of vines without waiting for a response from the two. There was no reaction from the plants at his first step, the blond drawing his sword as he gave the two a positive smile. This couldn't be too bad, Right?

_________________

「 · s h e p a r d · f i g h t e r
「 · b e e c h e r · r a n g e r
☆「C H A R A C T E R · P A G E S」☆
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 214
Bits : 246
Join date : 2017-04-13
Age : 88
Location : Indiana - The only place where you get all four seasons in a week

PostSubject: Re: It is Raining Somewhere [closed]   Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:55 pm

Mackenzie had been preparing for this fight. Her longbow, previously strung around her body, was now clutched in her arm. The quiver which usually clung to her belt had been strung around her back in replacement of her bow, as she wanted to risk only losing as few arrows as possible. Otherwise, she had everything else normal about her.

Vibrant baby-blue eyes, bright blonde hair that was currently pulled into a dutch braid, and gear fitting for her Ranger class. The friend she brought with her, Rory, was also of the Ranger class. This was sure to be an interesting fight, two rangers and a fighter. Mackenzie followed without need of much direction, and she nodded.

"Considering this is in the forest... I may end up taking high ground in a tree." Her voice was slightly hushed, being sure that both of the others could hear her clearly. "I'll get better aim from there." May as well give them a forewarning, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokefarm.com/user/Bayx
Jay
Admin
avatar

Posts : 315
Bits : 175
Join date : 2017-03-14
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: It is Raining Somewhere [closed]   Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:23 pm

In Rory's hand lay a small stick. She carved at it absent-mindedly with her dagger, the metal still shiny, the point a dangerous prick. She didn't really listen to the twins or their battle plans. She wasn't much of friends with either of them, especially the boy, and only knew the girl from being in the same place at the wrong time. She didn't care if they stayed together or not, but the girl figured it would be a lot easier to stay alive with them around. After all, she almost got killed by some mist.

The path around the forest was littered with leaves, the like of which crunched under her feet in the cool green lightness of the season. The dark-haired girl pointed her nose towards the trees, their pinely scent, rubbing the tip of it. They were getting sparse. Perhaps they were close to the gate?

Her lips stayed closed and downward. It was better to feign stoicism while her heart beat enough to light a fire. Rory brushed her already-clean bangs back, bracing against a burst of wind.

The trees no longer peppered the path.

The gate's monolithic stillness stood before them against the pale moon.

_________________
| - site administrator - |

*✧・゚:Rory Kennedy - rouge |
| lancer - Wolfgang Pearson*:・゚✧
*✧・゚:Ellison Alvey - fighter |
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectaubade.forumotion.com
Echo
Keeper of the Akashic Records
avatar

Posts : 343
Bits : 709
Join date : 2017-03-14

PostSubject: Re: It is Raining Somewhere [closed]   Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:43 pm

Many players had come and gone through the trial. Some won, some lost. But all of them had been solo battles, battles where the player, through some reckless or careless amount of thinking, chose to gamble their life in the hopes of gaining victory through the little amount of skill they had. A good few of them had done well in catching him off-guard, but most of the battles had been won through him being merciful. And thus, he had been occupied, fending off human after human from all sorts of classes. It was strange how overworked he felt.

The mage looked up expectantly at the next challenger. Three players. They had chosen to move in a group this time. With a sigh, he readied himself, the snaps and cracks through his bones resonating like twigs. His entire figure loomed over like a tree high above, eyes narrowing as he chose to immediately cut to the chase, the thorny vines of the forest bursting out like flames as they rushed towards the group. Each tendril aimed towards the players' limbs, working to restrict their movements, and the rest snaked around to pierce their flesh.

_________________


Callum · Lilian
Martial Artist + Mage / Third Level ~ Ranger / First Level
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Splotch

avatar

Posts : 100
Bits : 296
Join date : 2017-04-13
Age : 17
Location : Arizona--Satan's Armpit

PostSubject: Re: It is Raining Somewhere [closed]   Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:22 pm

Nodding towards his twin, Shepard faced forward again, only to see a vine shooting towards his face, thorns glittering. Eyes wide, he forced his head to the side, thorn nicking the outside of his ear. Letting out a hiss of pain, the blond gave the vine a wide swipe and lopped it off. Determined eyes returning to face the boss, a slight smirk crossed his face as he off the cuff laughed; "Man, I hope the Lorax forgives me." With that, he pushed off the ground and launched himself forward in a run.

Shepard ignored the thorns that scraped as his sides as he pushed onward. Sword glittering, the blond pushed off the ground with one foot and drive his sword deep into the boss, hearing the satisfying sound of wood breaking and splintering. The fighter's success did not last long. Before he reached the ground, a vine wrapped around his wrist and suspended him in the air. He gritted his teeth and tried to look back at the two rangers. "Shoot the vine!" He called out, the thorns digging into his hand as he tried to wiggle his way out.

He had managed to catch a glance at his own HP bar, with had been already damaged by the thorns at the beginning, and now this. Slowly, the thorns at his wrist began to tick down the HP, slowly yet surely. One hit point at a time. It was at that moment that Shepard was glad he had more points into his HP.

_________________

「 · s h e p a r d · f i g h t e r
「 · b e e c h e r · r a n g e r
☆「C H A R A C T E R · P A G E S」☆
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 214
Bits : 246
Join date : 2017-04-13
Age : 88
Location : Indiana - The only place where you get all four seasons in a week

PostSubject: Re: It is Raining Somewhere [closed]   Mon May 01, 2017 7:00 pm

Mackenzie heard the distant crackling as they approached the gate. Something that resembled almost a low growl produced in her throat in return, almost a warning to the others as she quickly moved in the direction of her desired location. Her gaze stayed right towards the gate, waiting to see where in the plant life was approaching from. It wasn't hard to see, and that the thorn-riddled vines were heading right for her. Considering she didn't have a dagger, she'd have to run through this.

Judging the speed of the plant life coming right for her, Mackenzie darted off. Her pattern of movement was erratic, and so the vines would eventually have to curl around a tree if they were to be following her. Once she was satisfied that whatever was after her would not be in her way, she hid her vibrant hair in her cloak in order to blend in with the forest more. Quickly, her feet carried her up the nearest tree. She had to use the foliage as coverage, and have the upper hand of surprise.

At the call of Shepard's voice, Mackenzie loaded an arrow on her bow. Choosing a position, and taking a momentary breath, she fired the arrow with what she knew should be near guaranteed accuracy. Of course, it could still fail. Now that her position had been given away the moment the whizz of the arrow triggered, she had to move quickly.

Not sparing any time, that was exactly what the girl did. She used the advantage of her arrow's sound to propel herself from the original location, the only signal of her presence being the disturbance of leaves. As quickly and quietly as she could run, Mackenzie found herself a good couple of yards away from where she had just been. She would wait until another call would require her to fire, unless...

She had perfect view of the gatekeeper from her position. How his frame seemed almost covered by tree roots and vines, as if he were a tree himself. Once more loading an arrow into her bow, she withdrew to maximum power. Her aim was right for the center, where a hole just big enough for her to fire at rested. Once she was sure that the gatekeeper's focus was on the other members of her party, she fired. This time without hesitation, a breath, or anything. She had confidence in this arrow.

That confidence would be her demise though. Because as soon as she had fired that arrow, one of the gatekeeper's vines had found her. It curled tightly around her ankle, pulling her down from the tree. "Gyaah!" So much for being stealthy. Mackenzie landed flat on her back, a good bit of HP draining from her bar from the tumble. The vine around her ankle tightened, and the thorns dug into her skin. It was now sucking away at her HP. "A bit of... Help?" She did her best to call, but the fall had definitely left her winded and drained a good bit of energy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokefarm.com/user/Bayx
Jay
Admin
avatar

Posts : 315
Bits : 175
Join date : 2017-03-14
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: It is Raining Somewhere [closed]   Mon May 01, 2017 7:14 pm

The battle seemed to start before she could even process it. The gatekeeper was a tall man, if 'man' was the right word; Rory dipped back, pulling her scarf up to her mouth and running the other way-- away from the treelike figure. Her breathing was long and quiet as she darted back down the path, and, as the other two were fighting, arrived at a tree. The dark-haired girl put her palms on it, the rugged, chipped skin on the trunk. She put up her hood, and pressed herself against the tree, hugging it. She wrapped her legs around the base, and began to push her body up. Gravity crashed from above, and her foot slipped after the second or third scoot, but she continued to boost herself, blowing bangs from her eyes in sharp huffs.

She reached a strong branch as a cry split through the air. A bit of...help? Rory craned her neck back to the scene, still holding onto the girth of the trunk. Well, shit, that went down quickly.

Rory moved with measured stalks across the branch, putting her weight on the tree's body. She straddled the branch and withdrew her bow, silently and careful. She almost looked like she was going out for tea... her breathing was the only thing that spelled urgency for her, a methodical set of gasps as she did her best to catch her heart. Trying not to fall, and saving her ally. It wasn't very good on someone's nerves.

The first shot was towards the vine that held Mackenzie's ankle. She exhaled and fired, and before she even tracked where it had landed, the girl reached in her quiver and took another arrow. An exhale, and a release, a bolt whizzing towards the gatekeeper's head.

_________________
| - site administrator - |

*✧・゚:Rory Kennedy - rouge |
| lancer - Wolfgang Pearson*:・゚✧
*✧・゚:Ellison Alvey - fighter |
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectaubade.forumotion.com
Echo
Keeper of the Akashic Records
avatar

Posts : 343
Bits : 709
Join date : 2017-03-14

PostSubject: Re: It is Raining Somewhere [closed]   Mon May 01, 2017 7:45 pm

Richter cursed under his breath. The difficulty with fighting groups was that his style was oriented more towards solo battles rather than multiple players at once; he had the power to fend them all off, but considering that the rangers in this particular group were more on the speedy side, he already knew that he would be in a bit of a predicament if they took advantage of his immobility. An earsplitting groan rang out as the blade ran through his abdomen, the mage hissing at the blonde fighter in front of him. "Bold move, fighter."

A mere smile of satisfaction came when it turned out that the vines had managed to capture two out of three, and while he did little to stop them from freeing each other, he took the chance to batter Shepard around like a rag doll to make it more difficult for him to escape from his restraint. On the other hand, two arrows had made their way toward him, each at a breakneck speed aimed for different sections, and sluggishly, he lifted his arm and knocked them away. The bolts fell to the ground, but in that time, he had realized he lost track of the position of the two rangers.

Raising his arm once more, a nearby tree rattled to life, rising in a colossal form, and with each step it took, shockwaves erupted through the ground. The golem took one glance at Shepard and began to make its way towards him, giving Richter the opportunity to gather more vines to scout out the forest in which the rangers were hiding to rat them out.

It'd be more than troublesome if he could never find them.

_________________


Callum · Lilian
Martial Artist + Mage / Third Level ~ Ranger / First Level
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Splotch

avatar

Posts : 100
Bits : 296
Join date : 2017-04-13
Age : 17
Location : Arizona--Satan's Armpit

PostSubject: Re: It is Raining Somewhere [closed]   Tue May 02, 2017 8:08 pm

"Ah-!" Shepard felt himself be thrown across the room, hitting the ground hard, creating a slight crack on the ground below him. His breath was knocked from his lungs, and his body screamed at him. For a long minute, he was unmoving--struggling to regain his breath. Everything hurt, and for a brief moment, he thought he was going to die. A quick glance at his hp reassured him a fraction, but he still felt unable to move. Slowly, his breath returned, which he sucked in greedily. Hand tightening his grip on the sword, Shepard stared back up at the boss, planning his next move.

_________________

「 · s h e p a r d · f i g h t e r
「 · b e e c h e r · r a n g e r
☆「C H A R A C T E R · P A G E S」☆
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 214
Bits : 246
Join date : 2017-04-13
Age : 88
Location : Indiana - The only place where you get all four seasons in a week

PostSubject: Re: It is Raining Somewhere [closed]   Thu May 04, 2017 8:22 am

Mackenzie hadn't even bothered to realize that her arrow had missed the gatekeeper. She was still struggling to catch her breath, and when she finally did, the whiz of an arrow hit. The crack of a vine signaled that her ankle was once again free. Checking her health bar, a slight exhale of relief came when she hadn't taken too much damage. Sure, a good bit of it was missing, but she could still go strong without worry.

She stood up just in time to see her brother thrown like a ragdoll across the battlefield, and it took almost everything in her power to keep from crying out. But he picked himself up after catching her breath, and she couldn't hold back a smile. Not letting herself pause any further, she scanned the trees for Rory. Unable to spot the girl, she mouthed to herself - get closer - before quickly scrambling back into the trees.

Darting back to the row behind the trees that seemed to shield her from view, her eyes landed on the golem that was stalking down Shepard. Can't have that, now can we~? She thought, an arrow being loaded and quickly fired at the giant tree. She had made sure her arrows were sharp, having gotten news from those who had cleared the boss that this was a forest-type arena.

Mackenzie watched the ground beneath her, making sure no vines were coming her way, before once more trying her hand at shooting the boss himself. This time, her arrow was projected not in front of him, but to his side. He'd have to turn his head to directly see where the arrow was coming from. And she still aimed for his head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokefarm.com/user/Bayx
Jay
Admin
avatar

Posts : 315
Bits : 175
Join date : 2017-03-14
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: It is Raining Somewhere [closed]   Thu May 04, 2017 4:11 pm

Rory reached into her quiver once more. She measured up a shot, firing it towards the gatekeeper. It whizzed by his head, well above him, sticking itself in the ground a few feet behind him. He was too far for her to hit. Rory breathed and looked forward to the branch in front of her. It swayed back-and-forth, a narrow limb above ten feet of air. The girl stood on her own branch, bowlegged, her hand white against the trunk.

She inhaled, and jumped.

The branch caught her with the wobble. The ranger clung to it, straddling it for dear life, but she didn't fall. Rory brought her head up, blowing the hair from her eyes. She wasn't that much closer. The battle was still out of her range.

Another wobbly stand. And another jump.

Her short hair bobbed as she hopped from tree to tree, each time more skillfully, a gruff look plastered to her face. Closer after a few leaps, she took another shot at the gatekeeper, sitting against the trunk. The branch she clung to danced under her weight.

_________________
| - site administrator - |

*✧・゚:Rory Kennedy - rouge |
| lancer - Wolfgang Pearson*:・゚✧
*✧・゚:Ellison Alvey - fighter |
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectaubade.forumotion.com
Echo
Keeper of the Akashic Records
avatar

Posts : 343
Bits : 709
Join date : 2017-03-14

PostSubject: Re: It is Raining Somewhere [closed]   Fri May 05, 2017 1:15 pm

The golem's movements scarcely stopped when the arrow embedded itself within its flesh, only giving a momentary pause before continuing on its path towards the blonde fighter. Each stomp it took shook the surrounding ground with tremor upon tremor, and with a lumbering swing, it attempted to smash its arm on top of Shepard's head while the player was still pondering on his next move. It wasted no time, yet its movements were languid in pace.

On the other hand, the partial-Wicken strove to keep an upper hand, watching about for the rangers in the trees. Vines continued to search and weave through the branches, seeking out the two girls who kept themselves hidden in the undergrowth. While they failed to have any success thus far, the rickety movements of Rory gave a general idea of where she was, leaves drifting to the floor as her weight fell on the branches. Two arrows shot forward, both at different angles, and regrettably, Richter could only fend off one, the other one puncturing into the side of his head.

A low growl bubbled from his throat. Without a hint of hesitation, the vines grew in number, darting towards the three players.

_________________


Callum · Lilian
Martial Artist + Mage / Third Level ~ Ranger / First Level
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Splotch

avatar

Posts : 100
Bits : 296
Join date : 2017-04-13
Age : 17
Location : Arizona--Satan's Armpit

PostSubject: Re: It is Raining Somewhere [closed]   Fri May 05, 2017 8:38 pm

The blur in his vision faded away, leaving the blond to look up--eyes wide at a fist coming towards him. Just narrowly pushing himself away, Shepard pushed himself back--putting distance between him and the creature. It seemed annoyed by his two teammates, and their attacks were doing very little. Lips pursed, Shepard rose from his spot on the ground. The dizzy spell went away, and he was left to attack once again.

Boss didn't have complete focus on him at the moment. Shepard took a few steps back, and got down low, as if he was a runner preparing for a race. In a burst of speed, Shepard leaped into the air, colliding with the golem with a boom of power. The skill showed a wave of energy being expelled from the fighter.

Being the fighter, Shepard aimed to drive as much damage when the other two distracted him. Once the attack was over, Shepard pushed back off the boss and skidded to a stop a distance away, breath labored--yet a grin across his face.

_________________

「 · s h e p a r d · f i g h t e r
「 · b e e c h e r · r a n g e r
☆「C H A R A C T E R · P A G E S」☆
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitty

avatar

Posts : 214
Bits : 246
Join date : 2017-04-13
Age : 88
Location : Indiana - The only place where you get all four seasons in a week

PostSubject: Re: It is Raining Somewhere [closed]   Sun May 07, 2017 12:26 am

She tried to keep her eye on everything she could. Watching her brother go right at the Golem, one of her and Rory's arrows hit the gatekeeper. Rory herself. The two-arrow strategy seemed to be working well, especially coming from opposite ends. The moment she saw Rory fire another arrow from the other side of the battle field, Kenzie fired one.

Her gaze also honed in on the boss her brother went right at. Man, he was definitely strong. Seeing the vines encroach upon her location, she took an arrow from her quiver and used it to bait the vines. Right afterwards though, she lept out of the tree she hid in. She ran farther into the forest, finding the circumference she could run in. Every vine that came closer to her, she baited with an arrow. By the time she reached the position she wanted, nearly behind the gatekeeper himself and basically almost pressed up against the gate, she had only one arrow left. She had to make it count.

Loading her final arrow into her bow, she pulled it back. Her breath held as she waited for the skill to charge, feeling power course through her muscles and into her bow.

She would make this shot count.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokefarm.com/user/Bayx
Jay
Admin
avatar

Posts : 315
Bits : 175
Join date : 2017-03-14
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: It is Raining Somewhere [closed]   Sun May 07, 2017 12:45 am

So the gatekeeper wasn't the only thing to worry about. Before Shepard's big attack, the golem passed by the trees, causing an earthquake in the battle arena. Rory's tree branch shook, but she stood up, clinging heavily to the trunk. Knuckles white, and with little time to decide, the girl leap for the golem's branches. It was a good leap, a sturdy branch materializing under her feet, the monster moving past in perfect synchronization--

A vine fastened tightly to her ankle.

The girl didn't have time to shriek, her heart suffocating her, flying up to her throat and cutting off her vocal chords. She plummeted, her face smacking the sharp end of the branch she was so close to landing on. She fell to the ground, and tried to flip, to roll and soften the landing. The vine controlled her movement, though, pulling her closer to the gatekeeper. She landed on her back, the air in her lungs whipping out of her like a firecracker. A hefty amount of HP disintegrated in one quick burst.

The girl reeled in pain, rolling around, her stomach in her arms. A dull, lasting pain bubbled from her lower-back to her abdomen, rising, frothing into a viscous ache. She felt like she was going to throw up, but nothing came.

Nothing but blood.
Rory scurried backwards, but there was resistance. The vine was still there. Still pained, the ranger reached to her waist, withdrawing her dagger from the hilt. The steel was sharp, undisturbed by the fall she took. She pulled her leg up, the vine stretching, its torsion high, and the girl brought the blade to it. Her other hand dug its fingers deep into the soil, the nails caked with dirt.

_________________
| - site administrator - |

*✧・゚:Rory Kennedy - rouge |
| lancer - Wolfgang Pearson*:・゚✧
*✧・゚:Ellison Alvey - fighter |
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectaubade.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: It is Raining Somewhere [closed]   

Back to top Go down
 
It is Raining Somewhere [closed]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» This RP Invitation is Closed. Thank You.
» The Bet (Closed)
» Sundown [Closed]
» Talk to me (Gwevan closed)
» Школа? [closed]

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Aubade :: First Level - The Valley :: First Level Gate-
Jump to: