Project Aubade
Welcome to Project Aubade! Drop by this topic if you are thinking about joining! Thank you!

http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/t62-welcome-to-project-aubade-this-is-what-you-need-to-know

Deep within a lab in Iceland, a new virtual reality project has been launched. The participants, however, were kidnapped. Welcome to the world of Project Aubade.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Late to Bed, Late to Rise [Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Juneberry

Bits : 269

PostSubject: Late to Bed, Late to Rise [Open]   Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:46 pm

Etsuko wasn't sure how long she'd been asleep, but she hated that it was clearly more than a minute based on the fact she had no idea where she was. A strange voice had chimed to wake her, but she didn't know who it belonged to. She only knew her head hurt, her clothes had clearly changed out of nowhere, and she was definitely not at the hospital anymore. "Where is this...? Bro...?"

A soft sigh escaped her lips as she struggled to her feet. Looking at her clothes, she couldn't help but feel a tinge of nostalgia. "It's like I'm in one of the games I used to play with him...But he's clearly not here. If this is a nightmare, I'd like to wake up please. I may hate the hospital, but being separated from him is even worse...Seriously...Where is this? I know I was taken from the hospital, but after that all I remember is waking up here it seems like..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice

Bits : 242

PostSubject: Re: Late to Bed, Late to Rise [Open]   Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:22 pm

Ugh, what happened?

Laying on a hard surface with her face facing the sky, Grace opened her eyes and quickly shut them where the bright daylight sun practically blinded her. Letting out a soft moan, the girl slowly sat up and opened her eyes to a squint, and then fully to see that she was definitely not home. So where was she?

Looking down to her lap, the clothing that she was wearing took here bit off guard, and then the memory of what happened hit her like a brick. She had been kidnapped. Taken from her home to God knows where by some guys. They'd snatched her up off the street like they'd done it plenty of times before, and trying to remember more, Grace was met with a splitting headache. Well, so much for trying to remember more. But while they'd taken her someplace... the place that she was in looked nothing like a slave trade or evil dungeon, and looked almost like... paradise.

Lost in thought and starting to internally freak out a little (which was something that she rarely ever did), the voice of another person made her jump. Frantically looking around and still sitting on the ground, Grace spotted another girl who looked just as confused as she did, but maybe she knew something that she didn't.

Standing up, Grace brushed off her random white and blue clothing and walked over to the other person, her ponytail waving behind her. "Hey, do you know where we are?" she asked, sounding as blunt as ever as she stood a few feet away from the other girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sloughcreek.boards.net
Jay
Admin

Bits : 239

PostSubject: Re: Late to Bed, Late to Rise [Open]   Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:09 pm

So Wolfgang found a rock.

It had been a few days since he'd been dropped into that game. He hadn't left the city since, running through excuses in his head as to why. Roslare was so nicely coded! The NPCs were so friendly. It was all, of course, to avoid the burning truth in his head: he didn't know what was outside the city limits.

So how was he going to advance through the levels? His stomach hurt when he thought about it, so he simply didn't.

But Wolfgang found a rock. It was nestled against step leading to a higher part of the city, and the boy found himself leaning over and picking it up. He tossed it up and down to himself, smiling lightly, dryly. Was it really a smile? Was he really having fun? Who cared, the rock was going up and down, up and down, keeping him preoccupied.

He dropped it when he saw two figures rising at the fountain square as he passed.

Oh no. He got more.

Wolfgang rushed over, leaving the rock on the ground. his new pants swished with each stride.

"Are you guys okay?"

*✧・゚:Rory Kennedy - rouge |
| lancer - Wolfgang Pearson*:・゚✧
*✧・゚:Ellison Alvey - fighter |
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://projectaubade.forumotion.com
Juneberry

PostSubject: Re: Late to Bed, Late to Rise [Open]   Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:16 pm

The initial shock was starting to fade into a slight sense of relief, mixed with a new dismal feeling she couldn't quite describe in words. Knowing that she wasn't the only person here that had no idea what was going on was great on the one hand, but as the first stranger that had approached her showed sincere signs of not knowing any more than she did about where this place was, her skin felt like it should've paled. Surely it would've, if it were able to.

"No idea. I just woke up here...I know I was taken by force, because I remember someone coming behind me with a cotton pad with stinky stuff on it, but...The next thing I knew, I was here. Wherever 'here' is. I can only assume we're not in Japan."

A frantic fellow soon joined them. Etsuko could only stare in curiosity, wondering how this new stranger knew something could be wrong. "I don't think I have any scratches, but I also know I don't know where I am. Normally I'd be thankful not to be at the hospital, but...Right now, I kinda wish I were. I feel like someone hit me with a bat with how this confusion is giving me a headache."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Late to Bed, Late to Rise [Open]   Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:46 pm

Well, so much for getting any info out of the first person she met. Looking down to the ground, Grace let out a sigh, but before she was able to do or say anything else, an unfamiliar voice caught her attention.

Turning around, she was soon facing a brunette haired boy who looked a bit flustered. Of course she understood the reason for being scared and confused, but she was the last person on earth to show it. So, Grace stood still like a statue and let the Japanese girl blabber on before she finally decided to say something. "I'm fine," she said simply, saying no more and waiting for someone else to speak again.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Late to Bed, Late to Rise [Open]   Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:32 am

Wolfgang could only smile at the young girl's long testimony. It was a sad smile, though; she obviously could remember what happened to her. He couldn't afford such luxury. He was on a train, and when it dipped into the tunnel, he was suddenly waking up by the fountain, in a new world. Perhaps that's why he took everything so well. This was better than being dead.

But she didn't seem to have been taken from such a life threatening happenstance.

Wolfgang widened his eyes at Grace, close to rolling them at Etsuko's eccentric speech, and smiled down at the young girl. "It's a bit of a side effect of this place, I think." He cracked his knuckles, realizing he had left the rock on the other side of the square. Well, so much for an afternoon catch with himself.

Back to top Go down
Juneberry

PostSubject: Re: Late to Bed, Late to Rise [Open]   Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:28 am

The sound of his knuckles cracking brought fond memories to her mind, though she quickly let them fade into the background. His height was somewhat excessive to her, but most foreigners were tall according to media...And men were naturally taller, too. "I figured it was a side effect of the chloroform or whatever that stinky stuff was they used to knock me out. I'm honestly surprised anyone thought to try me...and succeeded. If I meet whoever took me here, I'm beating the guts out of them."

Stretching a bit herself, she let her arms reach as high towards the polymorphic sky. "I'm Etsuko. Akimiya Etsuko. Do you happen to know where this place is, mister? And why the sky is so strange?"

She turned her head back to the girl she'd spoken to first. Neither she nor Etsuko understood this place, so at this point the likelihood was dim that anyone else did. "What about you, miss? What do you remember before waking up here? Did they take you out of nowhere too? Whoever 'they' are..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Late to Bed, Late to Rise [Open]   Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:56 pm

Listening to the girl who sounded Japanese blabber on and then ask a question, Grace let out a bored sigh. "Do you always talk this much?" she asked bluntly, not turning her gaze away from the ground. Well, she'd gotten that out of her system, now to answer her one of many questions. "And no, I don't remember much," she added simply and went silent again, getting slightly annoyed at having to answer so many questions. She was confused, her head throbbed, she felt like she was going to throw up, and all she had were two people, one super annoying and chatty, and the other... just annoying in his own sort of way. Well, everyone was annoying to her, but there were some people who she hated more than others.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Late to Bed, Late to Rise [Open]   Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:12 pm

Wolfgang's smile gradually fell. He shoved his hands down to his sides fruitlessly, missing pockets that were not there, and glanced off to the side. "We were... kidnapped," the boy breathed. He didn't want to say it, but he had to. She was so young...

"There's a lot of us. We were dropped in this game." Wolfgang kicked at the ground with his shoe. The sound that came up was clean and new. "This psycho is watching us. We don't know who he is, but he is making us play." He himself was lucky. He discovered this in short bursts. However, the boy couldn't stop himself from disclosing the information, piece after piece with little breaks. It was best to get it out while they didn't have time to react to each. Of course, the older girl didn't seem like one to shock easily...

Back to top Go down
Juneberry

PostSubject: Re: Late to Bed, Late to Rise [Open]   Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:17 pm

"So...Does that mean we're in a coma in reality or something?" Yes, that was the first thing to go through Etsuko's mind. The shock of being shoved into a game was actually less notable to her than what could be going on outside the game. "I remember the kidnapping part, but...Why would they kidnap a bunch of people to beta a game? I'd have beta'd without the chloroform."

She found the way the older boy had kicked the ground interesting, kicking it herself to listen to the dirt and the way it moved. "Actually...Are we certain this is a game? It's too realistic. I've played tons of games with Hayato, and...Never did the sound fit so perfectly. And I never felt that tinge of pressure from my foot digging into the ground in a game, either."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Late to Bed, Late to Rise [Open]   Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:40 pm

Staying quiet and not chiming into the conversation, Grace lifted her head and looked from the girl and then to the boy before looking back down at her feet. Listening to them but somewhat drowning their voices out, she tried to think about the whole ordeal. So they were in some sort of video game, and a psycho was controlling it. Of course she was skeptical of this idea, seeing that she'd never gotten to play video games before and didn't know what they were like, but non the less, it didn't look like she had any choice but to believe the boy.

Her attire had somehow changed, though she didn't know how, and part of her wanted to shiver at the thought of what happened while she was unconscious. Having lived in Ukraine, she'd seen and heard about the worst things that could happen to someone her age, but she pushed the thought away, not wanted to think to hard on it.

"How do we know that you aren't the psycho?" Grace said softly and looked up to meet the boy's gaze. For all they knew, he was the weirdo who controlled this place and was simply coming to wish them the best of luck before sending them off to do... well, to do what ever people did in video games.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Late to Bed, Late to Rise [Open]   Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:55 pm

Both girls seemed to take the news well. To Etsuko's question, the corner of his mouth rose for the first time since bringing up the subject. "Swipe your finger in front of you, like there is a floating tablet there," he commanded her. The user interface would definitely reveal to her that this wasn't reality. Technology had just come a long way, and the two were almost synonymous.

Grace's question hit him like a knife, pressed to his throat. He turned to her, coughing into a fist with a clear throat. "I mean, you could ask anyone here," he told the somber girl. There was an edge in his voice. He found himself miffed that she would suggest that. "I was down here when the Ratman was talking up there." He pointed to the sky.

Back to top Go down
Juneberry

PostSubject: Re: Late to Bed, Late to Rise [Open]   Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:05 pm

As she was commanded to, Etsuko tried the swipe technique, startled and nearly falling down from the sudden pop-up of information. "Seriously, this really is a game!?" Her shock seemed to fly out of her mouth along with a slight bit of spit that hit her hand she'd tried to cover it with. She groaned slightly. "This is way too realistic even for a game. I get that technology has advanced, but...Did they have to make the spit feel realistic?"

She shivered and shook her hand rapidly to get the fake liquid off it, wiping anything she couldn't air off onto her armor-like pants, styled like most RPG warriors would be. "I don't know what shocks me more...that a kidnapper would put me in a game, or that they knew what class I'd want to play."

Softly, she shook her head, thinking sadly to herself. Actually, I already know what shocks me the most. It's that Hayato isn't here...Here...I'm alone, huh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice

PostSubject: Re: Late to Bed, Late to Rise [Open]   Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:17 pm

Before the boy could reply to her question, he said something about a floating tablet. A tablet? Of course she'd heard about them and seen the upper class of her town use them, but she'd never been able to really get her hands on one, and so imagining a floating one was a bit difficult for her.

Doing as he said, Grace lifted her hand if front of her and swiped the air, cringing at the fact that she looked really stupid in doing so. Sure enough, a participial transparent screen with a bunch of lit up buttons and inscriptions on it sat in front of her, floating in mid air, but she still showed no emotion. Instead, she let her hand fall back to her side, and in a few moments, the screen disappeared into thin air. Interesting.

Looking back to the boy, Grace raised a brow when he mentioned a Ratman and she'd had it with all of this nonsense. "Alright, enough," she stated, pinching the bridge of her nose with her fingers. "Game, random electronic screens, Ratman? I must be on acid, and this is all just some stupid, illogical dream," she snapped and ended with a sigh. Unlike Ms. Hyper, nothing felt real to her, and she was done playing games.

Little did she know that the game hadn't even started...
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Late to Bed, Late to Rise [Open]   Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:12 pm

Wolfgang scoffed at the older girl. The younger girl, she was cute in a sugar rush sort of way. Grace, however. Well, he wasn't going to be talking to her much. "I'd settle in, find your residences," the boy said. "Thankfully, we all have our own one-room apartments here. It should say where yours is on your interface." He let the two deal with the news with a few more moments of silence.

"I'm Wolfgang, by the way," he added. He put out his hand, to anyone, hoping to satiate how awkward his hands felt without pockets. Damn, he'd really relied on pants with convenient hand sleeves in them. "Look around for some other people. There are a bunch of us, though many are probably beyond city borders."

The boy's voice cracked when he said 'borders.'

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late to Bed, Late to Rise [Open]   

Back to top Go down

Late to Bed, Late to Rise [Open]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next